What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago - Quadio!!

Attachments

• USPS - Quadio.JPG
    USPS - Quadio.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 119
Just ordered:
Steve Hackett "Spectral Mornings" and "Please Don't Touch" Deluxe Editions... Just finally listened to some surround samples from a friend, and discovered the music and mixes are fantastic! Must have in my collection:music

While I am still waiting on my Chicago box to arrive (tomorrow), I just (re)ordered the CD/DVD edition of Deep Purple's album "Stormbringer".
I originally ordered this disc several years ago only to sell it back unopened after listening to it in stereo and deciding that the music wasn't worth my while.
Well years later, I am now about to give this album a chance again.
Wish me luck!
:)

And I just ordered another disc tonight too, the CD/DVD edition of "Some Great Reward" from Depeche Mode.
After this one comes in, I'll finally have all of the classic Depeche Mode albums in surround sound! :)

Wow! Now there's a blast. I totally forgot I had ordered this (I think I placed order about January). Once I placed order I received email saying it was waiting for reprint. I had actually given up on it...

Just received an email from Music Direct with the following message: Thank you for ordering with Music Direct, Gene. Your order METALLICA - ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (Vinyl 2LP) has come into stock.

Hell fire, I'm pretty excited about this one....can't wait to see what that sounds like....but I'm pretty sure it will sound amazing.

I just realized this "what are you waiting on" thread is in the surround section. Duh....
Guess we don't have a "non-surround" version. Oh well...

And I just ordered another disc tonight too, the CD/DVD edition of "Some Great Reward" from Depeche Mode.
After this one comes in, I'll finally have all of the classic Depeche Mode albums in surround sound! :)

I REALLY wish they'd re~release the RBCD/SACD versions again. I have about three SACD DP albums and the rest are the DVD~V versions and IMO there's NO comparison. They ALL sound fabulous in 5.1 but the SACDs shine BRIGHTER!

http://hraudio.net/search.php?format=1&keywords=depeche+mode

Unfortunately, the SACD versions are outrageously priced and one must be careful when ordering to ensure that if they DO order the SACD that it's NOT the LOSSY DVD~Vs....which I've personally encountered in the past.

I REALLY wish they'd re~release the RBCD/SACD versions again. I have about three SACD DP albums and the rest are the DVD~V versions and IMO there's NO comparison. They ALL sound fabulous in 5.1 but the SACDs shine BRIGHTER!

http://hraudio.net/search.php?format=1&keywords=depeche+mode

Unfortunately, the SACD versions are outrageously priced and one must be careful when ordering to ensure that if they DO order the SACD that it's NOT the LOSSY DVD~Vs....which I've personally encountered in the past.

For this series I have actually gone with the domestic CD/DVD versions because after purchasing the SACD/DVD edition of "Playing the Angel", I was left unable to play the DVD because it was encoded for Region 2 players only, and a lot of the other Depeche Mode DVDs sold with the SACDs are the same. By buying the US CD/DVD versions, it has ensured me that I can not only play the 5.1 mix but the great video extras that also make these reissues very worthwhile! :)

Just received notification from ImportCD that the BD~A stereo [expanded] of Grace Jones WARM LEATHERETTE has shipped. $18.89 + s/h. GREAT PRICE.

I just ordered from Discogs.com the Multichannel SACD of "Tubular Bells" from Mike Oldfield, which utilizes the original Quadraphonic mix of the album released in the 1970s.
$20 for the disc in 'very good' condition, plus $6 for shipping, makes this a nice little score if I do say so myself!
I have the 5.1 download released in 2012, but I have never owned a physical copy of this album, so it's about time that I have added this disc to my collection! :)

Riverside Love Fear
King Crimson Three Of A Pair

I just ordered the new CD & DVD-A/V edition of Riverside's "Love Fear and the Time Machine".
I think I had originally said that I would order from Burning Shed, but amazon's $13.99 price was just too good to pass up, especially since I can get it delivered to me on the day of release! :)

Got close to nine in transit right now, and would be end of this week before I see one-------maybe.

But if they hit the bricks next week all bets are off.

Back