What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian Wilson:
“Imagination” DTS
“That Lucky Old Sun” DVD-V
“Smile” DVD-V

My son had me buy “Love and Mercy” on Blu-ray, which we watched last weekend... now I’m going through a “Brian Wilson Phase”! Also bought the “Making of Pet Sounds” Blu-ray and an old DVD-V Beach Boys Biopic called “Summer Dreams”. I haven’t found much at QQ with regards to the surround on Imagination/Lucky Old Sun/Smile, so I’ll report back once Ive listened/watched.

Well I'm going to wait for Tears For Fears "The Seeds Of Love" as one moderator (r...) has changed their avatar and when they did the same for Rick Derringer it appeared...…………...any hints?

Not this time. This is just wishful thinking for this year after I heard Steven Wilson talking about how that was the most challenging remix he has ever undertaken: http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/ep124-the-steven-wilson-interview
BTW, in the same breath, he also confirmed that he has been remixing Jethro Tull's "This Was" for release later this year.

:)

Brian Wilson:
“Imagination” DTS
“That Lucky Old Sun” DVD-V
“Smile” DVD-V

My son had me buy “Love and Mercy” on Blu-ray, which we watched last weekend... now I’m going through a “Brian Wilson Phase”! Also bought the “Making of Pet Sounds” Blu-ray and an old DVD-V Beach Boys Biopic called “Summer Dreams”. I haven’t found much at QQ with regards to the surround on Imagination/Lucky Old Sun/Smile, so I’ll report back once Ive listened/watched.

:LB:SB:LB:SB:LB Was a great Movie toooo - Awesome you getting the BB Bug :rocks

Waiting, waiting, waiting!
The Planets / Also sprach Zarathustra (1971) Quadraphonic Blu-ray Audio from DG
(not that I'll probably get around to playing it any time soon if it does show up, mind you!)
Latest response from Amazon.au - may be time to shoot this - they truly suck

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Boston Symphony Orchestra, William Steinberg "Holst: The Planets/R. Strauss: Also Sprach Zarathustra"
Estimated arrival date: 28/06/2018 - 05/07/2018

Latest response from Amazon.au - may be time to shoot this - they truly suck

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Boston Symphony Orchestra, William Steinberg "Holst: The Planets/R. Strauss: Also Sprach Zarathustra"
Estimated arrival date: 28/06/2018 - 05/07/2018
That's crazy, what is going on I've had mine for weeks, 14 in stock here in the UK!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holst-Plan...e+Planets/R.+Strauss:+Also+Sprach+Zarathustra

Alison Krauss New Favorite SACD. I've had the CD for years and did a search last night and found a used SACD for a "reasonable" price. Fingers crossed.

The song New Favorite in surround is Awwwwwwwwwwwesome - One of Snoods fave Surround songs - The overall album is not Snood cup o tea but still very very gooooood - did me mention New Favorite?? Turn that one up!!

Nowadays, not too much.

Styx - The Mission (CD/BD)
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (Blu-ray Audio)
The Pineapple Thief - Dissolution (BD)

Snood will chime in - what Perpy said........plus...Already have the Parsons box (but why should someone else have this bluray instead of meeeeeeeeeeee gimme gimme gimme) :SB

Nosound - Allow Yourself
Led - Song Does Not Remain The Same and hopefully majorly awesome in surround on this new release - (original title btw) :rolleyes:
The Band - Songs From The Big Pink - Fingers crossed on this :unsure:

Last edited:
Styx - The Mission 5.1

Just received my shipment notice from Amazon....I'll have it Friday. Pretty excited to hear the multi-channel. Whoop

Gene, same, got message its on its way.
I might not be able to check out till Saturday but really looking forward to this one.

Gene, same, got message its on its way.
I might not be able to check out till Saturday but really looking forward to this one.
Cool! I think the most annoying thing is that Amazon US never did list this right.....they call it a CD...and they never did list what it even is....or what is on it. But, when I click on my "you already purchased this" notification, it then pulls up my order page and there it is called a CD/Blu-ray...still no specifics about content. I admit, I'm still a little worried about what the heck I'm getting...

1532563539389.png

Back