What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered Andres Segovia - The American Decca Recordings. What can I say, I like classical guitar.

I'm a big JLP fan..saw him first time live in 81...FRONT ROW!
Very cool! Never saw him in concert but would guess he puts on a great one.
...got all of these on Lp and 3 of them on CD (CM and EO in the Atlantic 1st pressings and Aurora on the reissue...or was it the first release?...it's NOT Atlantic)
Recently started listening to vinyl again and dug out my original IV and EO (both Atlantic, purchased upon release). That's what prompted me to pick up this CD set. Any recommendations from his later discography?

As an aside, my son is 22 yo and a musician, very much a fan of jazz-rock fusion and had never heard any JLP before and is really enjoying the music.

King Crimson Larks' Tongues in Aspic

51CBM4TUulL.jpg

The 4 CDs arrived today at my post office box. The Taylor Swift single includes the music video.

Attachments

• new_cds_from_overseas.jpg
    new_cds_from_overseas.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 106
Yesterday's FYE score. Buy one, get one for $1.

Attachments

• FYE_CD_score_20150104.jpg
    FYE_CD_score_20150104.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 170
Very cool! Never saw him in concert but would guess he puts on a great one.Recently started listening to vinyl again and dug out my original IV and EO (both Atlantic, purchased upon release). That's what prompted me to pick up this CD set. Any recommendations from his later discography?

As an aside, my son is 22 yo and a musician, very much a fan of jazz-rock fusion and had never heard any JLP before and is really enjoying the music.

That was a very memorable concert...it was in a small sports hall that is not there anymore (el "Coliseíto") , basically on the Parking lot of the Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan and I managed to get there early and sit on the front row...the lineup with Baron Browne and Rayford Griffin was headblowin'!!!! (I think it was their first tour with JLP ...Jamie Glaser on gtr...it was the Mystical adventures tour IIRC)...the local HiFi store , Stereo Warehouse was promoting it big time!!!!....I saw him later in Boston and San Juan in the mid 80's and was NOT disappointed by him...he always puts on a great show....

JLP has "cycles"...every 7 to 8 years he started a "new" one...I do find that UTWOM is VERY different from Aurora but he had the same "group", changing in 83 or so ..Open Mind and Individual Choice are the start of the next cycle (Fables being a great one IMO) and later he went for the "African" musicians which had a totally different feel....really wish I could have seen him with Return to Forever a few years ago but they didn't come to Spain for that tour (they did for the previous one)...

BTW, the REAL way to appreciate his early stuff is thru vinyl....although good luck trying to find a decent copy of Enigmatic Ocean cause the Atlantic pressings were atrocious (maybe a Japanese pressing)....

Just received my Beatles SHM-CD of THIS ALBUM I'm going to compare it to the latest remastered version of the same double album and see if the SHM is any better....just an experiment...I'd like to squeeze as much sound quality of Beatles material as I can get...

Well the Segovia box showed up finally. So far, I've listened to the first three discs and I'm loving the music, even if it's pretty low-fi by today's standards.

really wish I could have seen him with Return to Forever a few years ago but they didn't come to Spain for that tour (they did for the previous one)...
Lost track of what RtF and JLP were up to recently, so thanks for the update. Just ordered The Mothership Returns CD/DVD and looking forward to listening to that. Bought it off Amazon which included an AutoRip, so I'll give it a listen tomorrow on my way to work.

BTW, the REAL way to appreciate his early stuff is thru vinyl....although good luck trying to find a decent copy of Enigmatic Ocean cause the Atlantic pressings were atrocious (maybe a Japanese pressing)....
Both my Imaginary Voyage and Enigmatic Ocean vinyl LPs sound good to my ears. I guess it begs the question how much better they could be, but they were among the first LPs I spun when I hooked up my TT recently and I was not disappointed.

[/ATTACH]I got this a few days ago...sorry for the inclusion of the cream disc...I'm having technical problems posting this...only wanted to post the Beatles SHM-CD set..

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 155
I really like this record. I'm so happy she rejoined Fleetwood Mac and hope their forthcoming album is another winner.

I've always preferred her to Stevie Nicks...her voice really stands out...I'm so glad she came back too...she's 71 and she's probably at the end of her career...her voice on You Make Loving Fun brings back a lot of memories for me...and I'd guess for her too...she wrote that song about her affair with the band's lighting director as John was sleeping around..my own life had a crisis of sorts..it was a very dark time for me...some self imposed problems...heavy drug use and my own infidelity and eventual divorce...there was a time I couldn't listen to that song...as much as I loved it...the things I had done were just too painful...it's probably the only song I know of that makes me laugh and cry at the same time...

Back