What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, Chritine Perfect/McVie..she is my fave...I have this on LP, even though it was recorded on early digital , it translates very well to LP...

Very good sounding CD...and of course Eliott Scheiner did the mix..some "back up" help from Clapton...Lindsey Buckingham...and Mick Fleetwood.. and most notably from Steve Winwood who shared the vocals on One In A Million...if you want to hear what Christine sounded like in the early 80's this is great way to hear her...

DOOBIE BROTHERS - "Southbound"

I was really surprised how good this disc is. Normally, I do not get into 'popular' country music and I've not heard of most of the artists on here but they seemed to have done a good job and it works very well on these popular songs even though it sounds compressed (I have not checked the DR value yet).

http://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Doobie-Brothers/dp/B00M58FR2G/

Saga "20/20" VINYL!!!!!!!!!

I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE getting NEW vinyl (even OLD vinyl too!)

I already have this on CD , but this is a REALLY GOOD ALBUM!!!!!!!

Highly recommendable......
R-6027066-1409165585-4082.jpeg.jpg

I went to the Pequot library in Southport Ct today. They had a record and CD sale. Someone donated 2000 albums and almost as many CD's. Almost all of them were mint or near mint. Many were sealed. I saw some Angel quads and a mint copy of D Severinson and H Mancini in quad. Almost all of them were 3 dollars. I purchased so many I could hardly carry them to my car. Best of all there was an acoustic set of music in the afternoon by Mark Naftalin and friends. Some of the other musicians were Paul Gabriel (Paul Gabriel Band), Mark Zaretsky (Cobalt Rhythm Kings), Peter Menta (Washboard Slim & The Bluelights), Daniel J, (The Contemporary Bluesman and several others. Mark was the former keyboard player for the Paul Butterfield Blues Band. The entire concert was simulcast on WPKN FM. The records were right on the stage in front of the band. Looking through all those records while the music was playing was fantastic. It was not too loud either so everyone could talk to each other while they were playing. I even found a couple of KC and the Sunshine band lp"s in mint condition and immediately thought of Snood. It all happens again tomorrow (Jan. 18th) if anyone wants to check it out but I will warn everyone that many of the good titles are already gone thanks to many including myself. The address is 720 Pequot Ave., Fairfield CT.,right on the line with Southport. Phone 203 259 0346. pequotlibrary.org
and immediately thought of Snood.

I mentioned you twice Snood. Sorry. I lost my place. One more thing, the band will play tomorrow from 1 to 2 if anyone wants to hear them. It's not too loud and it's free. It is a library after all.
Phil.

I went to the Pequot library in Southport Ct today. They had a record and CD sale. Someone donated 2000 albums and almost as many CD's. Almost all of them were mint or near mint. Many were sealed. I saw some Angel quads and a mint copy of D Severinson and H Mancini in quad. Almost all of them were 3 dollars. I purchased so many I could hardly carry them to my car. Best of all there was an acoustic set of music in the afternoon by Mark Naftalin and friends. Some of the other musicians were Paul Gabriel (Paul Gabriel Band), Mark Zaretsky (Cobalt Rhythm Kings), Peter Menta (Washboard Slim & The Bluelights), Daniel J, (The Contemporary Bluesman and several others. Mark was the former keyboard player for the Paul Butterfield Blues Band. The entire concert was simulcast on WPKN FM. The records were right on the stage in front of the band. Looking through all those records while the music was playing was fantastic. It was not too loud either so everyone could talk to each other while they were playing. I even found a couple of KC and the Sunshine band lp"s in mint condition and immediately thought of Snood. It all happens again tomorrow (Jan. 18th) if anyone wants to check it out but I will warn everyone that many of the good titles are already gone thanks to many including myself. The address is 720 Pequot Ave., Fairfield CT.,right on the line with Southport. Phone 203 259 0346. pequotlibrary.org
and immediately thought of Snood.

OMG those KC & Sunshine Band LP's are gonna open your mind and blow your mind Philip - Way better than any mind blowing Pink Floyd - Which ones were they?? :banana:

KC & Sunshine band in Surround would be Space Cadet city - which by the way is the name of one of KC's albums. :51banana:

Would say that "Do You Wanna Go Party" is what Pink Floyd was shooting for on most of their releases.

Sounds like an awesome time tho. Too funny on the KC stuff...........Will be shocked if you like them, they are very danceable. SNood does love me some KCSB (the real KC Btw)

Can;t believe you remembered my KCSB fixation lmao :friday:

I managed to resist this for the better part of my music loving years, but something finally had to give:
I just purchased no less than 2 Roxy Music LPs (on vinyl that is):
- a second hand copy of Viva!
- a new, re-issued copy of For Your Pleasure.

And boy, do I enjoy them! I really don't care for anything they released after Siren but somehow I never gave their older stuff much time. Until now.
And now I wonder: are we ever going to get their earlier stuff on 5.1? I honestly can't wait for that to happen.
So there :phones

Well, I'll be d***ed: I just read another thread on here that announces SW remixes of the first batch of Roxy albums. Wonder how I missed that, haha.
I am overjoyed, to put it mildly!

OMG those KC & Sunshine Band LP's are gonna open your mind and blow your mind Philip - Way better than any mind blowing Pink Floyd - Which ones were they?? :banana:

KC & Sunshine band in Surround would be Space Cadet city - which by the way is the name of one of KC's albums. :51banana:

Would say that "Do You Wanna Go Party" is what Pink Floyd was shooting for on most of their releases.

Sounds like an awesome time tho. Too funny on the KC stuff...........Will be shocked if you like them, they are very danceable. SNood does love me some KCSB (the real KC Btw)

Can;t believe you remembered my KCSB fixation lmao :friday:
Hi Snood. Actually after checking my recent haul when I got home I only purchased 1 album. It was All in a Nights Work on Epic records. This is because I have all of the original albums on TK records.I also have a few 12" singles. I don't remember what the one was that I left behind but I already had it so I did not need it. I always loved their music. Puts me in a moving mood and I do mean in a good way. I think there is still 1 Epic album I still need. Do you Wanna go Party. I will have to track that down.

I remember a while back when there was a big back and forth between you and members here about this group. I had a smile on my face the entire read. You;re a powerful force here, and I enjoy all of your posts.
Phil

Robert Plant-Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar......Govt Mule-Dark Side of the Mule.....Traffic-Winterland 1/26/73(a roio from Bill Graham's personal reels)

Robert Plant-Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar......Govt Mule-Dark Side of the Mule.....Traffic-Winterland 1/26/73(a roio from Bill Graham's personal reels)

My Govt Mule "Dark Side...." should arrive in the next few days - a much underated band

Today: Neil Halstead - Palindrome Hunches, Japancakes - Waking Hours

A few weeks ago: Warren Zevon - Sentimental Hygiene, Lush - Gala

I spotted this, a whole 3 CDs for under £5, the "Greatest Ever! Sixties Pop, The Definitive Collection" - and couldn't resist it. There are just so many singles I remember hearing after getting my first ever Transistor radio at the age of about 8!

Sixities.jpg

Back