What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the looks of it. Why redesign the cover?

Only a guess, but maybe to delineate it from the original/other CD release which was a single disc that didn't include all of the material from the initial double album LP? This one:

51xr5EO7tLL.jpg

The one I purchased is an import, RCA Victor Europe.

National Health - Of Queues and Cures LP 1978

An insanely good slice of sophisticated English prog. I've had it on CD for ages but was hankering for a vintage vinyl copy.

2210139.jpg

Annie Lennox - Nostalgia

Her voice gives something special to these old standards.

Well done - IMHO :smokin

Supertramp-Crime Of The Century(deluxe edition).......Led Zeppelin- Houses Of The Holy( 2 cd version)

Steve Earle's new "Terraplane" CD/DVD a nice blues album, and the DVD has the album in 24-bit/88.2KHz stereo.

Focus "X", I got it at the Giants Of Rock festival a couple of weeks ago, after seeing them really rock! Got it signed by Thijs van Leer as well, and mastered by Andy Jackson no less! Its a good album, they haven't faded with time.

I have this LP as well, it is spectacular, up to her usual high standards.

Annie Lennox - Nostalgia

Her voice gives something special to these old standards.

Well done - IMHO :smokin

I hadn't bothered with this one as I usually don't like these type of albums but after seeing her bring the house down on the Grammys with "I Put a Spell On You" I bought a copy. Really enjoying this.

This one showed up today from Germany. Includes the music video.

Attachments

• TS_Blank_Space.jpg
    TS_Blank_Space.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 136
Neil Young & Crazy Horse-Stockholm Music & Arts[Sunday August 3rd 2014,Stockholm Music & Arts,Skeppsholmen,Stockholm Sweden]

You know, it's amazing....just in the last week, I've decided it's time to burn (whatever the term is) all my physical CD's onto my laptop. I've all but given up on listening to them since I'm such a multi-channel snob....

I have hundreds and hundreds....OK, over a thousand CD's. I started purchasing them the moment CD was new technology. Interestingly....the first handful of CD's I purchased was Boston, Queen News of the World and The Outfield Play Deep.

Anyway - getting all these CD's copied over is a big job, but takes me down memory lane...and a new found appreciation of the music library that I have built. Good stuff...just copied over Roxy Music - Country Life...didn't even know I had that one.

You know, it's amazing....just in the last week, I've decided it's time to burn (whatever the term is) all my physical CD's onto my laptop. I've all but given up on listening to them since I'm such a multi-channel snob....

I have hundreds and hundreds....OK, over a thousand CD's. I started purchasing them the moment CD was new technology. Interestingly....the first handful of CD's I purchased was Boston, Queen News of the World and The Outfield Play Deep.

Anyway - getting all these CD's copied over is a big job, but takes me down memory lane...and a new found appreciation of the music library that I have built. Good stuff...just copied over Roxy Music - Country Life...didn't even know I had that one.

I know the feeling, I did that a couple of years ago and found discs I did't even know I had :).
Then, 2 years ago I wanted to make a copy of my copies :) on another harddisc and my hd drive crashed and I couldn't retrieve anything from it anymore :yikes, so I had to do it all again :(.

I know the feeling, I did that a couple of years ago and found discs I did't even know I had :).
Then, 2 years ago I wanted to make a copy of my copies :) on another harddisc and my hd drive crashed and I couldn't retrieve anything from it anymore :yikes, so I had to do it all again :(.

Back in the day, BK (before kids), I was buying 10 at a time. So, I have a lot...and...to wear my heart on my sleeve....the early 80's are mostly a black hole in my memory banks....probably a good thing there weren't cell phones with cameras back in the day....:yikes

Pink Floyd - Shine on. I've been waiting patiently for 23 years until I've found a bargain! Or so I thought, as the CDs are all scratched :(

Went to my local record store on Tuesday to buy the new James McMurtry - Complicated Game. Found other things to buy like The new Lone Bellow- Then Came The Morning and also found the Blu ray audio of Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair. There were many more things I wanted to purchase but will have to wait. I did a quick check in the store and they did have 11 other hi-rez surround titles available for purchase. I doubt any of the clerks knew anything about them. 2 Who, Petty, Clapton, Soundgarden, Van Morrison,2 Rush , Tears for Fears, 2 Tull. I was just happy to see this many available at a brick and mortar.

...I did a quick check in the store and they did have 11 other hi-rez surround titles available for purchase. I doubt any of the clerks knew anything about them. 2 Who, Petty, Clapton, Soundgarden, Van Morrison,2 Rush , Tears for Fears, 2 Tull. I was just happy to see this many available at a brick and mortar.
That's pretty shocking. What store was this?

The store is Homer's in Omaha. Whenever I am in I always tell the manager about the surround titles I bought at his store and how much I enjoyed them. This is at least his 3rd copy of the Quadraphenia blu ray because I bought one and so did a friend of mine. It is also at least his third copy of Hypnotic eye because we each bought one. He has another of the Clapton box and I bought1. The big Soundgarden box and Tears for Fears boxes are there. Multiple Fly By Night blu rays and a couple of the boxes with the dvdas. Saw the Warchild box and Passion Play. Didn't look in the racks but he has carried some of the King Crimson before. I still like being able to go into a store and just browse for an hour or so. Wish I had more time and money when I was there the other day. Scott

Back