What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

image.jpg

Umm.. Guys? Girls? Can you do me a favour?

My JAW NEEDS PICKING UP OFF THE FLOOR... could you grab it for me!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Its so sad that Quad had to come to an end.. but at least it ended in 1977 on the highest note possible.. this is so so gorgeous.

Thank you Surround Master, Thank you God.. and thank you Almighty Quad, without which none of this would be possible..!!! :p

My little life is completely crazy right now (don't ask!) but these beautiful records eradicate all the nonsense of the day to day humdrum.. they transport you to truly magical places.. this is one of those records, in mesmerizing Quad.

Audio Fidelity..?? Please make this into a Surround SACD too..?

Last edited:
Here's a collector's item from Hifi News And Record Review.

Take note......best price ever for a quad disc!

(Somehow the SQ transfer of this disc did not quite work out, the SQ QUAD mix is somewhat lacking for some reason.Compared to the actual Virgin and EMI/HARVEST discs this transfer sounds substandard in SQ matrix.)

View attachment 21215View attachment 21216View attachment 21217View attachment 21218View attachment 21219View attachment 21220View attachment 21221View attachment 21222

I ordered this when it came out and somehow ended up with two copies. No, I'm NOT selling one! It's a great demo record. Unfortunately, there's nothing out there to hear the UD-4 side properly decoded and demodulated.

Haha..!! :D

"Hey everybody have you seen my balls?
They're big and salty and brown!
If you ever need a lift just hit me up
and put my balls in your mouth..
Ooh! Suck on my chocolate salty balls..
Stick em in your mouth and suck em!
Ooh.. Suck on my chocolate salty balls..
They're packed full of vitamins and full of fibre..
So suck on my baaaaaallllsssss....!!!"
:p

Haha..!! :D

"Hey everybody have you seen my balls?
They're big and salty and brown!
If you ever need a lift just hit me up
and put my balls in your mouth..
Ooh! Suck on my chocolate salty balls..
Stick em in your mouth and suck em!
Ooh.. Suck on my chocolate salty balls..
They're packed full of vitamins and full of fibre..
So suck on my baaaaaallllsssss....!!!"
:p

I'm still laughing! When Isaac Hayes decided he couldn't continue on "South Park", the way they killed Chef off was hilarious.

I'm still laughing! When Isaac Hayes decided he couldn't continue on "South Park", the way they killed Chef off was hilarious.

It was! :eek: Though a rather sad and bizarre end to his career.. his cartoon character being besmirched (!) and then killed off.. and then him suddenly carping it in real life.. RIP Isaac. There's a slooowww jam in soul heaven right now with him crooning along.. :p

It was! :eek: Though a rather sad and bizarre end to his career.. his cartoon character being besmirched (!) and then killed off.. and then him suddenly carping it in real life.. RIP Isaac. There's a slooowww jam in soul heaven right now with him crooning along.. :p

Imagine Isaac Hayes and Barry White singing a duet! It's a battle of the deep, sexy voices!

Energy To Burn - B.T. Express (SQ LP).

I can't remember if I mentioned it already :eek: ..but I discovered (to my horror!) the copy of this I got the other week was cracked all the way thru from run in to label when I took it out of the sleeve! :yikes

So I found another copy.. for less than half what I paid for the broken one (!) and.. well.. here it is..

image.jpg

image.jpg

(As you can see, it's a copy Imported into the UK with CBS labels added to to the front cover and CBS stickers on the 2 x record labels.. plus the Columbia info is struck out with black marker pen.. Nice touch! Since I'm staying put for a bit I'm gonna record this one in soon.. Energy to burn. Now I need time to rip! :D

Chef would catch the walrus of lurve and cook him in a chowder! :eek:

I always wished there'd been some Quad of Barry White, his music's a perfect fit for surround I reckon..

I have two Barry White albums, both of which sound great when played through QS synthesize. I would have liked to see 20th Century release his albums in QS, as they did the Star Wars soundtrack album. They'd have been awesome.

Back