What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my D-V haul THIS WEEK...(I just need a receiver and 5 speakers to enjoy them!...but , it's a beginning.. ;) )
Rick Derringer, The Guess Who, Hues Corporation, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Stravinski's "Petrouska", Kostelanetz's "Villa-Lobos" and Ray Conniff's "Laughter in the rain".. I must say great value for the contents.. the only letdown was that we don't get the LP's full artwork nor lyrics...

it is a shame, I particularly miss those Vivaldi and Stravinsky lyrics..! ;):ROFLMAO:

Just got my first Vocalion disc...it should have been Rick Derringer (I'm still waiting for it ) ...

The Main Ingredient - Euphrates River!

Love this smooth soul/slightly disco!:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

A very nice mix...kinda reminds me of The Isley Brothers 3+3.

Sounds great even though I subbed out my main towers with satellites! I'm gonna have to switch back!

Cuba Gooding, Sr on vocals!

Way to go, Vocalion!👍

Just got my first Vocalion disc...it should have been Rick Derringer (I'm still waiting for it ) ...

The Main Ingredient - Euphrates River!

Love this smooth soul/slightly disco!:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

A very nice mix...kinda reminds me of The Isley Brothers 3+3.

Sounds great even though I subbed out my main towers with satellites! I'm gonna have to switch back!

Cuba Gooding, Sr on vocals!

Way to go, Vocalion!👍

Awesome glad ya got it - Snood was about to give up on one order one time and gave it about a week and TaDa DV has never let Snood down.....a couple were a lil late, but hey it got here :LB

...smartass!!!...
but..
part of the fun of this Forum is the "drunk posting " we all do!!!.. haven't done it in quite a while!

oh i do it all the time! :ROFLMAO:

its a bit early for me to be drunk posting right now as it's 7:15 a.m our time.. but give it another 10-15 minutes for this Aperol spritzer to kick in.. Cheers!! ;)

Lotus - Elisa (SACD + DVD)

suyuB30.jpeg

YxOevlU.jpeg

Lotus - Elisa (SACD + DVD)

suyuB30.jpeg

YxOevlU.jpeg

fwiw i've been looking for this one on SACD for sensible money for years.. at last, found one.. phew! hope the surround mix was worth it! :ROFLMAO:

edit: just noticed, this is my 850th SACD purchase and my 700th MultiChannel SACD acquisition to date! hooray! :geek:

Two serendipitous discoveries at the Everyday Music classical & jazz branch on Burnside in Portland, Oregon:

IMG_20180711_141219909.jpg

In the bins, mixed in with the ordinary CDs. Fairly obscure discs, I think. Haven't had a chance to listen to either of them yet, as I'm still on the road. But I'm down for anything by John Adams, and I know Pintchik, who keeps good company, to be a wry and witty pianist. (Her latest release is entitled You Eat My Food, You Drink My Wine, You Steal My Girl!) Didn't realize she'd ever done anything in 5.0.

Last edited:
Two serendipitous discoveries at the Everyday Music classical & jazz branch on Burnside in Portland, Oregon:

View attachment 33684

In the bins, mixed in with the ordinary CDs. Fairly obscure discs, I think. Haven't had a chance to listen to either of them yet, as I'm still on the road. But I'm down for anything by John Adams, and I know Pintchik, who keeps good company, to be a wry and witty pianist. (Her latest release is entitled You Eat My Food, You Drink My Wine, You Steal My Girl!) Didn't realize she'd ever done anything in 5.0.

Never heard this disc but the stereo layer gets good reviews and is available HERE...and another of her titles HERE...and if you want to see her perform...this blu ray cd pack looks nice

Last edited:
This may be cheating a little bit...as I don't have them in my hand....but my 3 multichannel (Quad) titles from Vocalion are OUT FOR DELIVERY TODAY!!! When I get home from work, I am so gonna crack open an ice cold beer and put on some Poco! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Well...all will be forgiven if you include pictures:LOL:

Back