What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front.jpg

Arrived today for under 7 pounds :banana:

The Guess Who and Bread like everyone else, though I'm looking for the next big release. Been waiting forever for "Abraxas" though I understand it will be in Stereo (once again).

Van Zant - Brother to Brother - DVD-A (Dualdisc)
Lee Ann Womack - Greatest Hits - DVD-A (Dualdisc)

Last edited:
Whats the surround like on this one?

Hoping to give it a go at some point tomorrow
(I'm not expecting much.. its Silverline for one.. and I don't imagine these guys' recordings were all that wonderful to start with? It's bloody hard to get for decent money now though so when I saw it cheap, on it like a car bonnet :D )

Been extremely busy this week, but when I do finally have a day off, I have a date with both Mark Knopfler CD/DVD-A editions I received in a 48-hr span.
I received "Shangri-La" from eBay on Monday, followed by "Sailing to Philadelphia" from QQ member Fourplay on Wednesday. I have wanted both of these discs (but especially "Philadelphia") for a long time, so to finally have both in my collection makes me so incredibly happy.
I did have to trade my copy of "Let Love In" (Nick Cave) in order to get "Philadelphia" but I feel like overall it was a worthwhile trade off. :)

Been extremely busy this week, but when I do finally have a day off, I have a date with both Mark Knopfler CD/DVD-A editions I received in a 48-hr span.
I received "Shangri-La" from eBay on Monday, followed by "Sailing to Philadelphia" from QQ member Fourplay on Wednesday. I have wanted both of these discs (but especially "Philadelphia") for a long time, so to finally have both in my collection makes me so incredibly happy.
I did have to trade my copy of "Let Love In" (Nick Cave) in order to get "Philadelphia" but I feel like overall it was a worthwhile trade off. :)

I LOVE the Sailing To Philadelphia 5.1..!! Sound quality is exceptional. Enjoy your date (y)

The Hang - Don Grusin (DVD-Audio).

View attachment 19271[/QUOT

At first blush I though that was Dave Grusin...but that's his brother...never had any of his stuff...let me know what that one is like...

Certainly will :) (hoping to have a listening session over the weekend).

ps. Even if it's all that (and it had a good reception back in the day iirc, so it might be worthwhile) I don't know how easy this might be for you to get cheap these days?
I've been looking for a copy for ok money from a seller that would ship to the UK where I could confirm it was the DVD-A and not the DVD-V for literally years.

Heck yes!
I've been on a lucky streak recently buying up old WB CD/DVD-A sets I had been wanting.
First "Yoshimi" from the Flaming Lips, then the two Mark Knopfler discs, and now for $30 in 'like new' condition, I just purchased the 3-disc "Seal Best 1991-2004" that has the Greatest Hits CD, Acoustic Hits CD, and the DVD-A with all that stuff in 5.1
So after that disc comes in, I will have all four Seal releases in surround.
I'm a very happy RT! :)

A lovely disc with a nice mix.. it's a bit "loud" but still sounds great.. a brilliant transfer from the multi's, either the tapes were in top condition or were v.well restored? ..more QQ-ers should give this a go, forget that it's in another language and enjoy the beautiful music! (y)

I ran across this one in a music store for 10 bucks and just went for it. Glad I did. Yes, beautiful music! I agree the sound is a little loud and the surround mix could be a little more discrete. But, when it sounds this good, who cares, right! :D

Back