What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kad Bi Bio Bijelo Dugme - Bijelo Dugme (Hybrid Stereo SACD).

image.jpg

The Japanese SACD release of Free "Fire & Water", you can tell its a 45 year old recording, but they've done a good job with it, it can be a bit 'boomy' in places, but the music is great - its Alright Now :upthumb

Baby its a-alright now :upthumb (but imagine how much better it could be with a spanky new remix! although the same could be said for just about anything from the last 45 years!) :D

This showed up yesterday from import cds ... for less than $30 (they are out of them now) .. comes with a really nice 15 page stapled booklet printed in English.

Attachments

• tubular_shm_SACD.jpg
    tubular_shm_SACD.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 181
  • tubular_shm_SACDfront.jpg
    tubular_shm_SACDfront.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 174
  • tubular_shm_SACDback.JPG
    tubular_shm_SACDback.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 171
(I know it means sweet FA in the scheme of things but..) What Number Ltd Edition of each title did you get?
(1st 1,000 pressings are numbered afaik?)

#171 for "Greatest Rock Ballads" and #128 for "Women's Stories". The "first 1000 are numbered" is more of a marketing gimmick for the HK market, where consumers are into "lucky numbers" and believe that CD/SACD with a lower number will sound better. I read on HK audiophile forums where music stores sell CD/SACD with what is considered a "lucky/special number" at a higher price. On the other hand, for SACD titles such as "Greatest Rock Ballads" or "Women's Stories", maybe only 1000 copies of each will be pressed. Who knows?

Af's Styx..."Paradise Theater", 20 bucks from importcds. Get me while by they last!

You had me all excited there for a few seconds. I even looked for the SHM SACD there.... hadn't noticed you said Af. Already have that one.

I've got 3 other SHM SACDs on the way though.

If anyone needs an Esoteric Rimsky-Korsakov I'd recommend this place:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111610508798

Very quick at shipping. It's currently in customs still.

Got several in the mail today... actually they'd been sitting at my po box since Saturday..

I still need to get For Your Pleasure

Attachments

• new_shm_sacds_Apr2018.jpg
    new_shm_sacds_Apr2018.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 203
Back