What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this in the mail today from importcds ... sounds fantastic!

Attachments

• stones_still_life_sacd_35.jpg
    stones_still_life_sacd_35.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 199
Wow, really? That's good to know....Clint will be buying this now...

Hey..I heard my name mentioned..that title is "under review" right now by ME...I have some bonus points to spend HERE

My only reservation about this disc is that it's a live performance...which in hi rez discs I usually don't like...you get the energy of a live performance...but in a sonic sense you get too many outside factors...like the crowd....

Last edited:
Hey..I heard my name mentioned..that title is "under review" right now by ME...I have some bonus points to spend HERE

My only reservation about this disc is that it's a live performance...which in hi rez discs I usually don't like...you get the energy of a live performance...but in a sonic sense you get too many outside factors...like the crowd....
I didn't notice the crowd at all. So you've never heard Still Life?

I just listened to it on youtube..I'm sure the SHM version sounds good...just don't like the live shows that much...I'm more interested in the Roxy Music title you just got...how does that sound?

All three sound excellent. I haven't got a lousy sounding SHM SACD yet. Even Asia sounds good on my system.

Greatest Rock Ballads - V/A (Stereo SACD),
Women's Stories - V/A (SACD).
So, you bought these for the wife?

I'm still waiting for EWF to show up. It must be lost. The last tracking info is:

April 25, 2015 , 2:32 am
Departed USPS Facility
DES MOINES, IA 50395

"Expected delivery date" was yesterday.

Never did get the EWF from Music Direct, but today received one from ImportCDS (took 2 days to get it)...
and a couple of other recent arrivals.

Attachments

• new_sacds_May6th_35.jpg
    new_sacds_May6th_35.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 130
  • new_sacds_May6th_pic3_35.jpg
    new_sacds_May6th_pic3_35.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 126
  • new_sacds_May6th_pic2_35.jpg
    new_sacds_May6th_pic2_35.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 128
More pictures of the Stones ... from the front view it looks just like the "DSD Remastered" CD version currently in stores.

Attachments

• stones_sacd_satanic_front.jpg
    stones_sacd_satanic_front.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 124
  • stones_sacd_satanic_back.jpg
    stones_sacd_satanic_back.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 125
More pictures of the Stones ... from the front view it looks just like the "DSD Remastered" CD version currently in stores.

I think the ones like that, with the 2002 ABKCO markings, are essentially reissues of the ones that came out back in '02. They have the Bob Ludwig mastering, which sound much better to me than the '09 Stephen Marcussen mastering on the others.

I think the ones like that, with the 2002 ABKCO markings, are essentially reissues of the ones that came out back in '02. They have the Bob Ludwig mastering, which sound much better to me than the '09 Stephen Marcussen mastering on the others.

I assume the SHM-SACD editions use the 2002 DSD Tapes created by ABKCO. As for Bob Ludwig, he does have a $1 Million mastering room. So the results should sound good! :)

ORG has done a fabulous job with the transfer of the original stereo mix of Monk's Dream. It seems that a 3-track master tape might also exist of this album. If so, it would be wonderful if AP took a crack at that and released a 'multichannel' SACD. But for now, I am very grateful for this one from ORG. And their Mingus SACD has also gotten good reviews. It's next on my wishlist.

Let's hope ORG continues their excellent SACD series in the future.

Back