What's your latest High Resolution Download purchased?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of the Oven:

Audiophile 44.1kHz/24bit
Title: Above (Deluxe Edition)
Artist: Mad Season
Genre: Rock
Label: Columbia/Legacy

from HDTRacks

HDtrax are really starting to piss me right off - half the stuff I want to buy I cannot get access to for "copyright reasons" yet it seems to be okay for me to get scalped for CD.
They refuse to reply to letters as well - even polite ones.

WTF is going on with their attitude to anyone outside North America? There is a much bigger world out here, and are they or are they not in the business of selling bloody music?
I shall repost the letter that went unanswered shortly, I think.

HDtrax are really starting to piss me right off - half the stuff I want to buy I cannot get access to for "copyright reasons" yet it seems to be okay for me to get scalped for CD.
They refuse to reply to letters as well - even polite ones.

WTF is going on with their attitude to anyone outside North America? There is a much bigger world out here, and are they or are they not in the business of selling bloody music?
I shall repost the letter that went unanswered shortly, I think.

bloody annoying, yes! I guess its the usual distribution rights on all the stuff you're after being under different ownership/arrangement outside N.A...? perhaps they should start an www.HDTracks.co.uk for us Hi-Rez-ophile Brits...?!? :eek:

In all honesty Fred, I cannot see what the possible reason could actually be.
The only thing I can think of is bureaucratic EU bullshit with our draconian Copy Protection rules & DRM nonsense.
Seriously - the RIAA could learn a lot in how to be seriously annoying jerkoffs from the EU.

Well, Im in Chile, I put a US address on my account and pay with paypal and have no problems downloading

Not purchased yet, but got this from HD tracks just now...

Be the First to Download...
HDtracks is proud to celebrate the legacy of Canadian rock trio Rush with three separate five-album sets which together spans their entire historic Mercury Records recording career. Topped only by the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, Rush remains at the #3 spot for the most consecutive Gold/Platinum studio albums by a rock band certified by the RIAA. In 2013, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Each Sector contains five of their fifteen Mercury albums in chronological order.

In addition, each Sector includes a booklet with unpublished photos and original album lyrics.

Sector One
Rush A Five-Album Set in 96kHz/24bit
- Includes their self-titled album, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, 2112 and All The World's A Stage.

- Featuring the hits "Finding My Way," "Working Man," "By-Tor And The Snow Dog," "Lakeside Park," "Bastille Day," "2112" and much, much more.
NEW 96kHz/24bit New from Mercury Records

Sector Two
- Includes A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Exit...Stage Left.

- Featuring the hits "Closer To The Heart," "Xanadu," "A Farewell To Kings," "Cygnus X-1 Book II – Hemispheres," "Tom Sawyer" "The Trees," "Freewill," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Vital Signs," "Limelight," "La Villa Strangiato," "Broon's Bane" and much more.

Sector Three
- Includes Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire and A Show Of Hands.

- Featuring the hits "New World Man," "Subdivisions," "The Analog Kid," "Distant Early Warning," "Red Sector A," "Mystic Rhythms," "Marathon," "Territories," "Force Ten," "Time Stand Still," "Lock And Key," "Mission" and much, much more.

Use code: rush10 to receive 10% off any or all Rush titles!
This code expires on May 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM PT. Please note that once a code is applied you cannot add more items to your cart. One-time use only.

Latest one for me is an annual subscription to the Bowers & Wilkins "Society of Sound" site.
It's £33.95 for a year, and each month there are 2 downloads for this - one classical, the other something else (which varies wildly - I have Travis/Fripp, Andy Partridge, A Guy called Gerald etc) and this adds up to 24 titles per year - for £34 ($51) which sounds expensive but when you think abpout it you only need to really like 3 or 4 of the 24 you will get and it's a bargain.
A lot of these, once the year is over, disappear from sale as well (I missed out on a few because I had not got my subscription in) and if you subscribe now you will get the whole current catalogue made available to you which currently stands at 38 titles - 14 pop/rock/blues/etc, 15 classical & a bunch of "other" recordings.

For sure, some of it will not be to your taste any more than mine but I think this is a superb deal.

I couldn't even download the free music sample !

I managed to download the sampler from HD tracks but that's as far as I can get. Despite setting up my account with a US address, as soon as I try to put anything in my cart I get the message about "not being available in my territory". Very frustrating.

I managed to download the sampler from HD tracks but that's as far as I can get. Despite setting up my account with a US address, as soon as I try to put anything in my cart I get the message about "not being available in my territory". Very frustrating.

I just gave up with it !

Latest one for me is an annual subscription to the Bowers & Wilkins "Society of Sound" site.
It's £33.95 for a year, and each month there are 2 downloads for this - one classical, the other something else (which varies wildly - I have Travis/Fripp, Andy Partridge, A Guy called Gerald etc) and this adds up to 24 titles per year - for £34 ($51) which sounds expensive but when you think abpout it you only need to really like 3 or 4 of the 24 you will get and it's a bargain.
A lot of these, once the year is over, disappear from sale as well (I missed out on a few because I had not got my subscription in) and if you subscribe now you will get the whole current catalogue made available to you which currently stands at 38 titles - 14 pop/rock/blues/etc, 15 classical & a bunch of "other" recordings.

For sure, some of it will not be to your taste any more than mine but I think this is a superb deal.

I don't know what i'm buying....but here's £34 quid !! :rolleyes: ( You wouldn't go into a supermarket, and say to an assistant, here's £34, take the trolley round, and throw something in it, and i'll see if I like any of it ! ? )

I can vouch for this. I got a 3 month subscription because I bought the Peter Gabriel 'So' box set, which came with a code to download the album in 24bit FLAC. I've downloaded lots of very good material from here and I keep meaning to renew my subscription. Whilst I do like classical stuff, a little more contemporary stuff wouldn't go amiss, and some 5.1 downloads would be nice. They also sell Tubular Bells in hi-res too, both stereo and 5.1 FLACs.

Worth investigating :)

I don't know what i'm buying....but here's £34 quid !! :rolleyes: ( You wouldn't go into a supermarket, and say to an assistant, here's £34, take the trolley round, and throw something in it, and i'll see if I like any of it ! ? )
I look at it a different way, myself.
Instead of thinking "I will buy this blind & hope", why not look upon it as a wager???

I look at it a different way, myself.
Instead of thinking "I will buy this blind & hope", why not look upon it as a wager???

I know what you're saying....but if I found I only like 3 or 4 titles out of 24, i'd feel short changed, even at £34 per year.
If you're into Classical, then it's probably worth taking the plunge.

I know what you're saying....but if I found I only like 3 or 4 titles out of 24, i'd feel short changed, even at £34 per year.
If you're into Classical, then it's probably worth taking the plunge.

It's worth taking a look through previous releases to see the type of thing you're likely to get. As I said before, I would prefer a bit more contemporary stuff, and what contemporary stuff there is seems to be sourced from Peter Gabriel's Real World label with a few other bits thrown in, but I certainly wasn't disappointed and the classical stuff is pretty impressive. It's virtually all London Symphony Orchestra, so top notch material. And £34 is what most of us would pay for a single, top notch SACD or DVD-A, so I think it's worth a punt ;)

It's virtually all London Symphony Orchestra, so top notch material. And £34 is what most of us would pay for a single, top notch SACD or DVD-A, so I think it's worth a punt ;)

Have to admit, you can't get much better than the LSO. ( When I think of all the music I NEVER PLAY, then I've wasted a lot more than £34, over the years !! :( )

[h=2]Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra" 96/24 from HDtracks[/h]
Can't wait to hear this ...

Back