When is an Amazon warehouse deal not a deal?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone.....I was afraid I was going to be kicked off of QQ and forced to join ARP....
The "record" sleeve says long play 33 1/3 RPM on the back I felt the sleeve and honestly thought there was vinyl in it. I thought I would keep it pristine and unopened for the next buyer since I was going to return this.
It's just a good thing I didn't get out my pocketknife and slit open the book bindings looking for those discs.....

After all Jefe, it was almost 50 years ago to the day.....that the band began to play ..... and that is a LONG LONG TIME to finally be able to enjoy Pepper in 5.1!

jXbhNEc.jpg

WRONG WAREHOUSE DEAL? Or A BIG BANG for the BUCK?

Last edited:
Warehouse deal on the beatles white album box is down to $85..Should I buy or do you think it will go lower. I got sgt peppers for about $65

Warehouse deal on the beatles white album box is down to $85..Should I buy or do you think it will go lower. I got sgt peppers for about $65

I wouldn't get the one advertised right now...it's rated "acceptable"...that's the bottom of the condition charts...IMO you could get one in better condition for the same price if you wait...somebody on here might approach you since they might have just ripped the surround mix and doesn't want to keep the set...

Reactions: TVB
Thanks Clint...really appreciate the info!!! All i want are the 2 surround discs. I still have sgt peppers and am planning on selling it-
(minus the hi res surround disc)

Thanks Clint...really appreciate the info!!! All i want are the 2 surround discs. I still have sgt peppers and am planning on selling it-
(minus the hi res surround disc)

One of the reasons I'm in favor of waiting(in addition to the poor "acceptable condition)is that I've never seen so many warehouse specials for one title....there are NO other 3rd party sellers and SIX pages of warehouse specials...so something has to give for them to get rid of all these sets

Just keep an eye on that amazon listing:geek:

One of the reasons I'm in favor of waiting(in addition to the poor "acceptable condition)is that I've never seen so many warehouse specials for one title....there are NO other 3rd party sellers and SIX pages of warehouse specials...so something has to give for them to get rid of all these sets

Just keep an eye on that amazon listing:geek:

Clint, I really wonder how many purchasers of this set ripped the BD~A and the RBCDs and shipped them back to Amazon as DEFECTIVE and hopefully this glut of returns won't affect future Beatles 5.1 reissues!

Clint, I really wonder how many purchasers of this set ripped the BD~A and the RBCDs and shipped them back to Amazon as DEFECTIVE and hopefully this glut of returns won't affect future Beatles 5.1 reissues!

I've been thinking about that situation...as it's being done by some members on here....and I'll give you an example of the same type of situation that happened in the video world...which was my main hobby interest prior to coming to hi rez music...guys on the forums I posted on used the brick and mortar stores...like Best Buy....to test out new TV's...which they had no intention of buying from the brick and mortar store....they would get free delivery and set up from that store and then return it before the return date expired...and then turn around and buy it online to save money....the end result is that many of the brick and mortar stores changed their once liberal return policy....so the actions of a few...hurt many..

If people keep abusing the system on amazon...the result will either be a revised return policy or they will just stop keeping this type of product in stock...let's get serious...claiming a disc is defective because you don't like the mix?...I've got plenty of titles that I didn't like but I didn't go back to the seller and flat out lie just to get a refund...I took my lumps and moved on....just like the replacement discs for the many complaints on discs...yes some were valid...but when you end up selling the free replacement disc on Ebay….how bad was the problem?..evidently you didn't need the replacement disc in the first place...but in some people's mind..."it's free I might as well get one"...well it wasn't free for the company that had to pay for these replacement discs...

The ironic thing... IMO... is the attitude of some of the worst abusers...they are the one's that complain about "unauthorized" discs being sold and artists being deprived of the revenue...yes they are worried about millionaire pop stars but they could care less about their actions directed toward a business resulting in lost revenue...

So yes Ralphie...your concerns are valid...we already have a few strikes against us(surround community)...we are a tiny group of buyers and the disc medium is on life support and barely viable at this stage...we need these companies to make healthy profits to extend these offerings...not groups of people undermining the proceeds for their own gains...

I've been thinking about that situation...as it's being done by some members on here....and I'll give you an example of the same type of situation that happened in the video world...which was my main hobby interest prior to coming to hi rez music...guys on the forums I posted on used the brick and mortar stores...like Best Buy....to test out new TV's...which they had no intention of buying from the brick and mortar store....they would get free delivery and set up from that store and then return it before the return date expired...and then turn around and buy it online to save money....the end result is that many of the brick and mortar stores changed their once liberal return policy....so the actions of a few...hurt many..

If people keep abusing the system on amazon...the result will either be a revised return policy or they will just stop keeping this type of product in stock...let's get serious...claiming a disc is defective because you don't like the mix?...I've got plenty of titles that I didn't like but I didn't go back to the seller and flat out lie just to get a refund...I took my lumps and moved on....just like the replacement discs for the many complaints on discs...yes some were valid...but when you end up selling the free replacement disc on Ebay….how bad was the problem?..evidently you didn't need the replacement disc in the first place...but in some people's mind..."it's free I might as well get one"...well it wasn't free for the company that had to pay for these replacement discs...

The ironic thing... IMO... is the attitude of some of the worst abusers...they are the one's that complain about "unauthorized" discs being sold and artists being deprived of the revenue...yes they are worried about millionaire pop stars but they could care less about their actions directed toward a business resulting in lost revenue...

So yes Ralphie...your concerns are valid...we already have a few strikes against us(surround community)...we are a tiny group of buyers and the disc medium is on life support and barely viable at this stage...we need these companies to make healthy profits to extend these offerings...not groups of people undermining the proceeds for their own gains...

So TRUE. Amazon has one of the most liberal return policies around. They even pay s/h for returns if "DEFECTIVE." Since so many people download today [me excluded], this will become THE trend and no longer an 'isolated' incident. Which is probably why the majors are gearing up for downloads, themselves.

It does seem the "FREEBIE" download mentality is becoming epidemic and as you assert will jeopardize future replication of physical discs. I too have many discs I'm not crazy about but never resort to returning those discs. Just teaches me to be more prudent regarding future selectivity.

Last edited:

Yeah. I do worry about this topic and it does bother me. I have owned hundreds and hundreds of titles....many of which once I received them totally disappointed me...to the point I'm thinking...how can you release this shit. But.....as you say...I take my lumps. Now, if there is a critical flaw......that is well publicized......OK....I probably would go for a return for a corrected version. I recall a title that had a known issue (one that did affect the playback) and after some hand wringing....I did return for a replacement. I rip my discs now and I would never consider ripping and returning for a rebate. Never. ever. I draw the line there.

Listen everybody..........I'm an idiot.

What I thought was a sealed record is actually the holder of the discs. I finally opened it and there are the discs. I kept wondering why a vinyl record was included in the box and finally opened it.
I never had this and just assumed all the discs would be held in the book like every other box set I got.

I agree amazon has great CS but will now cancel my return.

And I wasn't even drinking today. Maybe I should now as I crawl off and try to disappear.....

Well never mind.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I pulled it out to play it and couldn't find the discs and started thinking I'd been ripped off. Then I opened what I assumed was the vinyl...

Well Snood loves me some Amazon Warehouse - but mainly for CDs, but have taken a chance on a couple box sets - One was great the other not so much and asked for replacement and the one they sent me was like new.

There is a new thingy they have called Amazon Global - forget what me bought from them last time but it arrived very quick and in was unopened mint. Weeeeeeeeeeelllll.........been looking for a Cheap - Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion set and have it on my Amazon list......checked tonight and Amazon Global had a new one for 83.93 plus 4 bux shipping - the 4 bux shipping was BS because it was 14 shipping.........but still about 40 to 50 less bux then others............annnnnnnnnnnd there is another for 84 from Amazon Global up now lol........maybe overstocked somewhere?? :unsure:

Will not buy the WYWH or DSOTM due to bluray probs..........altho a long time ago in amazon UK somehow someway a few of the blurays came up for sale........they were the real deal. About 40 to 45 bux a piece. Snood bought both. The Wish is awesome and the Dark was too but then the Dark went :sick:.....but was able to send it in a few months back and get a new one :SB

So yeah - Amazon warehouse is da bomb - but if you see 3 or 4 listed..........me thinks if 1 is very good and the others have cosmetic damage.........really think they do not care which one they pick up and send. Just thing is...if u get something that is not what u expected ( bent up trashed corners, discs with scratches, etc.) and it is opened already. If you are going to get a replacement it thru amazon or they tell you there is no replacement and you have to return...........Snood sees nothing wrong with giving the discs a spin and if they happen to spin off onto other planetary thingys.....you were gonna do it anyways with the replacement they sent you.

Soooooo:unsure: Snood loves me Amazon Warehouse - Will say the CDs that are on AWH - a lot are just are just a crack in the case lol and they are selling it for 2 to 4 bux shipped with prime. Some are like no cases that are crushed but cd and cover and back side pics are fine. Just needs a re replacement case. Snood has only has to send back a couple..........most recent was Eraserhead soundtrack and me hated having to do it - they case was nothing was basically a shell with cd sticking on - the front was missing back was not.......the cd silver side was fine but the title side was wrecked, luckily it ripped perfectly.........returned 4 bux back. :rolleyes: Oh yeah ....if you can make it through this soundtrack - :smokin Frogmort buddy :smokin .....Snood talking to you buddy - if you can make it thru this soundtrack you have earned my deep respect - a Da Drinkly to you good sir!

Here is the challenge if anyone so desires

Well Snood loves me some Amazon Warehouse - but mainly for CDs, but have taken a chance on a couple box sets - One was great the other not so much and asked for replacement and the one they sent me was like new.

There is a new thingy they have called Amazon Global - forget what me bought from them last time but it arrived very quick and in was unopened mint. Weeeeeeeeeeelllll.........been looking for a Cheap - Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion set and have it on my Amazon list......checked tonight and Amazon Global had a new one for 83.93 plus 4 bux shipping - the 4 bux shipping was BS because it was 14 shipping.........but still about 40 to 50 less bux then others............annnnnnnnnnnd there is another for 84 from Amazon Global up now lol........maybe overstocked somewhere?? :unsure:

Will not buy the WYWH or DSOTM due to bluray probs..........altho a long time ago in amazon UK somehow someway a few of the blurays came up for sale........they were the real deal. About 40 to 45 bux a piece. Snood bought both. The Wish is awesome and the Dark was too but then the Dark went :sick:.....but was able to send it in a few months back and get a new one :SB

So yeah - Amazon warehouse is da bomb - but if you see 3 or 4 listed..........me thinks if 1 is very good and the others have cosmetic damage.........really think they do not care which one they pick up and send. Just thing is...if u get something that is not what u expected ( bent up trashed corners, discs with scratches, etc.) and it is opened already. If you are going to get a replacement it thru amazon or they tell you there is no replacement and you have to return...........Snood sees nothing wrong with giving the discs a spin and if they happen to spin off onto other planetary thingys.....you were gonna do it anyways with the replacement they sent you.

Soooooo:unsure: Snood loves me Amazon Warehouse - Will say the CDs that are on AWH - a lot are just are just a crack in the case lol and they are selling it for 2 to 4 bux shipped with prime. Some are like no cases that are crushed but cd and cover and back side pics are fine. Just needs a re replacement case. Snood has only has to send back a couple..........most recent was Eraserhead soundtrack and me hated having to do it - they case was nothing was basically a shell with cd sticking on - the front was missing back was not.......the cd silver side was fine but the title side was wrecked, luckily it ripped perfectly.........returned 4 bux back. :rolleyes: Oh yeah ....if you can make it through this soundtrack - :smokin Frogmort buddy :smokin .....Snood talking to you buddy - if you can make it thru this soundtrack you have earned my deep respect - a Da Drinkly to you good sir!

Snood, 4~earred VERY disappointed that 'happy' couple in Eraserhead did not have a luxurious baby shower for their gorgeous embryo!

specialty-baby-shower-cake.jpg

Following Snood's comments, I generally have had good experience with Warehouse Deals, but there is a bit of a pig in a poke element to it. I find items are often still sealed, but with cosmetic damage, often minor. Acceptable items, on the other hand, can get pretty rough. I check the listings every week or so, this link brings up all audiophile media on Warehouse Deals: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...bn=5174&ie=UTF8&qid=1415040172&rnid=387643011

Following Snood's comments, I generally have had good experience with Warehouse Deals, but there is a bit of a pig in a poke element to it. I find items are often still sealed, but with cosmetic damage, often minor. Acceptable items, on the other hand, can get pretty rough. I check the listings every week or so, this link brings up all audiophile media on Warehouse Deals: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_5?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n:5174,p_n_binding_browse-bin:9536187011|387646011|9536192011|9536188011&bbn=5174&ie=UTF8&qid=1415040172&rnid=387643011

Never knew such a link existed, ubertrout. In perusing over the 3 pages of Warehouse close outs just be aware of the inconsistencies Amazon utilized to label the discs. Quite a few either listed as dual discs or SACDs are plain vanilla RBCDs.

Whenever possible, check the reverse side of disc in question for accurate details.

Following Snood's comments, I generally have had good experience with Warehouse Deals, but there is a bit of a pig in a poke element to it. I find items are often still sealed, but with cosmetic damage, often minor. Acceptable items, on the other hand, can get pretty rough. I check the listings every week or so, this link brings up all audiophile media on Warehouse Deals: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_5?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n:5174,p_n_binding_browse-bin:9536187011|387646011|9536192011|9536188011&bbn=5174&ie=UTF8&qid=1415040172&rnid=387643011

When you go the "acceptable" route...you can't expect much IMO....like new and very good are no brainers...good is borderline.....you can't expect amazon to be specific in these evaluations for warehouse goods...when you consider the volume of products they deal with....thanks for posting that link(y)

I still have my original Eraserhead soundtrack CD that I bought when I was in High School. Nothing but hit after hit, I tell you! Love the part about the chickens... "they're man-made":p

Oh yeah ....if you can make it through this soundtrack - :smokin Frogmort buddy :smokin .....Snood talking to you buddy - if you can make it thru this soundtrack you have earned my deep respect - a Da Drinkly to you good sir!

I'll do you one better Snoodford ol' buddy! I listened to every single bit of it, then listened to all of Side B too! o_O

It's got a good beat and I can dance to it. :dance

It's from dangerously insane person David Lynch who spent an entire year working on just all that crazy audio, plus several more years working on the film as a whole. Have you seen the movie? It's like a waking nightmare. Good times! :love: I actually do like a lot of his stuff (Love Twin Peaks) but I have to be in the right mood for it.

Have you seen his awesome psa about watching films on your phone? :ROFLMAO:

Da Drinkly toooooooooo you good sir :SG and Yes SNood love me some good David Lynch Twin Peakso_O and Blue Velveto_O............and Mulholland Drive o_O

Back