WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got mine and it was indeed double boxed as inside Amazon large box there was the manufacture's cardboard box with even the attached plastic envelope with Universal's invoice and shipping address to Amazon France.
However, this box was a bit smashed on one corner so, though it was not my intention to unwrapped it till Xmas, I decided to check it and also to check the book just in case.
Inside the manufacturer's box there is another thick foam box containing the item itself but unfortunately one of the corners of the boxset was a a bit smashed (the right bottom corner on the back), even smashing a bit the graphic novel on the front left corner.
Moreover, the bloody big pin with the sharp point has even marked the back of the book itself because it even pierced through the memorabilia envelope, and on top of that the memorabilia folder is torn in the middle of its spine and I had to put it back in the boxset upside down so now it can't be seen.
In summary, I have never received a so well packed item with so much issues,yes, little ones, but issues nevertheless.
By the way, the book has all its pages.

Certainly if no bass management is used, this could be a real issue.

Also if the sub is located somewhere where the bass doesn't get sucked out by a modal null, but it does from the mains.
The bass on the ATMOS mix with subs and bass management is incredible. But I agree you need bass management for these ATMOS mixes to really shine.

Today I got mine and it was indeed double boxed as inside Amazon large box there was the manufacture's cardboard box with even the attached plastic envelope with Universal's invoice and shipping address to Amazon France.
However, this box was a bit smashed on one corner so, though it was not my intention to unwrapped it till Xmas, I decided to check it and also to check the book just in case.
Inside the manufacturer's box there is another thick foam box containing the item itself but unfortunately one of the corners of the boxset was a a bit smashed (the right bottom corner on the back), even smashing a bit the graphic novel on the front left corner.
Moreover, the bloody big pin with the sharp point has even marked the back of the book itself because it even pierced through the memorabilia envelope, and on top of that the memorabilia folder is torn in the middle of its spine and I had to put it back in the boxset upside down so now it can't be seen.
In summary, I have never received a so well packed item with so much issues,yes, little ones, but issues nevertheless.
By the way, the book has all its pages.
Emailed Amazon France and got a partial 20% refund of 25,85€

Mine came through double boxed from HMV in the UK. The manufacturer's box is quite useful for storing the set as I am running out of storage space for these big boxes.
Yep, same here, kept this box set in its original packaging (also from HMV)

I've double checked the book and that's fine...phew.

A right bummer for those with that unacceptable cock up.

The Camel monster boxset came the other day, but it pales into insignificance alongside the behemoth that has arrived today: The Who - Who's Next | Lifehouse boxset, This one only cost me £106 including shipping, ordered from Amazon France, shipped from Spain via Belgium to Kent and now in Wales, The Camel cost me £167, so I'm very happy with this "bargain"

20231128_102057~2.jpg

I finally got around to reading the graphic novel. It was ok, great presentation, but mostly more of Townshend's mysticism, I preferred the radio play. The book recounting the history of the life house project was a read I enjoyed. The set has been put away, now to be enjoyed from the ripped tracks. I took one look at the memorabilia, I didn't have much interest in it since I was six at the time. The pins diid quit a job on most of the item in the collection, The mixes are good, and really shine with the bonus tracks.

Even though I've had the HD tracks since they were officially released, I still sprung for the box when it showed up on Amazon.fr for about $120. It showed up last week and it's a monster. A beautiful package and for that price well worth it. Nice to have a physical Blu-ray for the Atmos mixes as well. First time purchase from Amazon.fr and it was really well packed.

Despite imusic not messing with the packaging, something must've gone awry at some point - probably the manufacturing?

After all the horror stories of books printed upside down and buttons destroying photos (and more), I decided to crack my set open and take a first look at the inside.
The buttons only made one very small, insignificant indentation on the photo, and the book pages all look printed the right way to me.
However, the book is spoiled by a different issue. For whatever reason, the last couple of pages are heavily creased/indented/crumpled, the worst case being one page that's actually so damaged it has basically become perforated at one spot.
I don't think it's worth the trouble to request a replacement, and I can certainly deal with it, but I also can't say I'm 100% happy. You do expect a brand-new item to be in perfect condition, not look like it's been already heavily used. I keep wondering what had to happen to leave the pages like this?

Have not checked out any of the discs yet. Their little sleeves slightly stuck out of their spaces, but I assume/hope that's not an issue.

Despite imusic not messing with the packaging, something must've gone awry at some point - probably the manufacturing?

After all the horror stories of books printed upside down and buttons destroying photos (and more), I decided to crack my set open and take a first look at the inside.
The buttons only made one very small, insignificant indentation on the photo, and the book pages all look printed the right way to me.
However, the book is spoiled by a different issue. For whatever reason, the last couple of pages are heavily creased/indented/crumpled, the worst case being one page that's actually so damaged it has basically become perforated at one spot.
I don't think it's worth the trouble to request a replacement, and I can certainly deal with it, but I also can't say I'm 100% happy. You do expect a brand-new item to be in perfect condition, not look like it's been already heavily used. I keep wondering what had to happen to leave the pages like this?

I guess I should get the books out and check them. I don't think I've done anything but remove and listen to the blu-ray. There are so many other releases that have come out in the last 90 days that I haven't had time.

Edit: I just went through everything and it’s all perfect. It is a beautiful package as box sets go but what a waste when I only wanted the blu-ray. I will have to rip everything on the CDs and read the books someday.

Last edited:

Have not checked out any of the discs yet. Their little sleeves slightly stuck out of their spaces, but I assume/hope that's not an issue.

Tell ya what ya got there is bad paper from the supplier. I guarantee the stock arrived that way and the printer didn't catch it, or didn't care.
That scuff mark you have in the K is from a high spot (wrinkle in the stock) that caused it to rub on the sheet that came behind it before the ink was dry.
The ones that are getting missing and upside down pages is also the fault of the printer the bindery department messed that up for sure.

You paid a not insignificant amount of money for this box; you deserve a book in pristine condition. And who knows(no pun intended), you may choose to sell it someday to a buyer looking for a copy in mint condition. You obviously can do whatever you’re comfortable with but, if it were me, I would ask for a replacement.

I just got the box today for Christmas. I’ll probably start listening to it tomorrow since there’s football today.

Reactions: GOS
You paid a not insignificant amount of money for this box; you deserve a book in pristine condition. And who knows(no pun intended), you may choose to sell it someday to a buyer looking for a copy in mint condition. You obviously can do whatever you’re comfortable with but, if it were me, I would ask for a replacement.
I paid about half of the original price. You're right, but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to send a box back, not to mention the risk involved. Since this set has known issues and a lot of moving parts, chances are that my replacement has a pristine book but some other fault. It could just become an ongoing headache, not to mention the environmental ramifications of sending heavy boxes back and forth and the faulty set eventually being trashed (unless imusic can somehow resell it with a further discount). I just don't think it's worth it.

Back