Who are your favorite Canadian musical artists and what would you like to see them release in Multi-Channel form?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great Canadian band that never got much exposure outside of their home country. Check out the tune below. You'll be glad you did. :)

You inspired me to pull out my copy of One Chord To Another. A lot of catchy tunes on that one. One of the local channels would broadcast a Canadian music video show and that how I discovered Sloan here in the US. I saw them live in the late 90’s. They came to Cleveland.

My faves are Coney hatch, a brilliant melodic rock band, sadly I doubt any of their albums will be done in 5.1

There is a new album released on december 2020: Harmonium Symphonic: Histoires sans paroles.
It's an all instrumental double album of Serges Fiori's 70's group Harmonium
featuring the Montreal Symphonic Orchestra, guitarist Sylvain Quesnel and the superb voices of Kim Richardson and Luce Dufault. Recorded in 2020 during the pandemic with a 70 musicians orchestra respecting social distanciation rules at the "Maison Symphonic De Montréal". This re-invented masterpiece bring the whole thing to a new level. The 2.0 version is wonderfully mastered with incredible details and presence. This would be even more fantastic remastered in multi-channel.

Attachments

• Livret Digital_HSP_HS[21].jpg
    Livret Digital_HSP_HS[21].jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Livret Digital_HSP_HS[2].jpg
    Livret Digital_HSP_HS[2].jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 53
For The Guess Who fans, Eric Records has just released this:

https://www.ericrecords.com/htf_StereoExpl-4.html
Track 25 is The Guess Who's Shakin' All Over in Digitally Extracted Stereo (DES.) Unfortunately, it seems that they couldn't find a clean source for this particular track. (Some of the DES tracks I've heard from this company sound remarkably clean.)
Get the Brave Belt I & II cd set, Shakin' All Over is included as a bonus track!

Great Canadian rock band called The Sheepdogs. It's like you've been literally transported back in the 70s, especially to the Southern Rock world...not heard before doing it *this* well.

We'll probably never see a 5.1 release but they do get some excellent recordings that's for sure-- special with their last LP Changing Colours, which is in hi-rez @ 24/96. So it's kind of like a 2-channel DVD Audio. The new EP is literally 2 days old and it's growing on me very quickly.

Does this brand-new song literally not sound like "Introspective Skynyrd meets Rockin' Allman Brothers"? Notice even the font/ logo of the EP is reminiscent of the "Nice Price" or "Great Value" sticker they used to put on LPs. Nice touch.

Or how about back to 1973 with a "Hitchin' A Ride" / "Chevy Van" meets Thin Lizzy feel to this one?

I literally can't get enough of this terrific band. Check them out on your favorite streaming service :)

Hmm, wonder how nobody seems to have mentioned Moist on here. Their Machine Punch Through DVD-A is actually pretty decent, although uneven in sound quality. Good mixes! Especially for a Silverline product, it's surprisingly good overall. Wouldn't mind hearing their debut album in surround, too. Good music.

Reactions: SMS
Today I tracked down The Damn Truth website and bought all 3 CDs (I know I'll get stung for UK import duty but at times like theses bands need direct income), they're a Canadian very Bluesy-Hard-Rock band from Montreal (I believe) they've been played on the UK's Planet rock radio quite a bit recently.

Last edited:
I saw The Pineapple Thief on the 5th Nov in Bristol on the last date of their tour (excellent gig) and there was a support band (much to my Brother and I's surprise).

So supporting them were the Canadian band Alex Henry Foster & The Long Shadows from Montreal - they were incredible, really good! They doing their own headlining tour next year so with luck I'll get to see them again.

My brother and I both thought they had that touch of Hawkwind about them, that rhythmic flowing interplay that only comes from good musicians who know instinctively what to do next. So they're rocky, a little bit punky, a bit Hawkwindy, a bit like Nick Cave & The Long Seeds, with Doors sort of poetic lyrics often spoken.

I got talking to the band in the foyer and got given the last album :), which I love, it would sound great in surround. Going to get the newer one from their website.

Simple as stated above list your favorite Canadian artists and what you'd like to see them release in Multi-Channel form

Neil Young - Entire Catalogue
Rush - Whatever hasn't been done
Joni Mitchell - Entire Catalogue
The Guess Who - Whatever hasn't been done
BTO - Let's get a Quadio like box set of them please
Kim Mitchell - Greatest Hits
Max Webster - Complete Catalogue

I think that's good for starters:SB
k.d. lang “Ingenue”

Haywire from Prince Edward Island would be nice to see in surround. If you like 80's rock, this is for you! Hits (north of the 49th anyway) include Dance Desire, Black & Blue, Bad Bad Boy and Standn'In Line. A personal favourite is Short End of a Wishbone in the video. I'd pay for maybe a greatest hits in MC.

Back