Would you be interested in Seals & Crofts Quadio's?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in Seals & Crofts Quadio Discs?

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
This is just a question for me. FR has not asked me to do this. I was just wondering how Seals & Crofts stuff has fared over the years with the listening public.

Would you be interested in S&C Quadio's or would you rather see other titles come out first.

As for me, although I liked a few of their tunes back in the day, I don't think I would listen to them at all today

I'd defo like the Summer Breeze album to get released. Hummingbird is a nice tune... As is the original title track - which I think is available with at least 4 quadraphonic cover versions?! (Isley Brothers, Johnny Mathis, The Main Ingredient, Percy Faith, plus more?)

There are other titles I'd perhaps like to see released first, but still I think they should release them all anyway, including S&C...

Would you be interested in S&C Quadio's or

would you rather see other titles come out first

Of course, most anything from Quadio would be well received by me.
As to the second half of your question, that's way too much a personal
preference thing, we could have folks argue over that here forever. ;)

While there's certainly nothing about Seals & Crofts that I dislike, I have never been motivated in my almost six decades on this planet to purchase any of their music. And I know that I might catch hell for saying this, but the recent batch of four Quadio titles left me cold. I was happy to purchase them to support the cause. But they've all been listened to once and filed away, likely never to be played again. None of those bands really did anything for me. With the industry finally starting to reinvest in surround sound, a lot more titles are starting to appear. My bank balance simply will not allow for me to keep purchasing titles that will only get one listen. So if a Seals & Crofts Quadio were to materialize, I would most likely have to pass. However if Rhino opts to release titles that I love (Joni Mitchell, Randy Newman, etc...) I will gladly purchase.

Having said that, when we conducted this poll three years ago, Seals & Crofts came in fourth out of the ten artists listed. So (my tastes aside) there is apparently some demand in this community for those titles.

Again, it begs the question. With ALL of the real estate available on a single BD~A ... why not release BOTH S&C QUADIOS on 1 DISC?????????

And charge accordingly.
A good idea, but sure to raise complaints from customers that
"I love album A, but hate B, why must I have to pay for both"
You can please all the people some of the time and --------------------------------

I would be thrilled with just multiple choice download options only.
But that's me and the collectors of hard media and it's associated goodies would be unhappy.
Oh well,
cent' anni , Sal

Yup
Consider ourselves lucky to get anything
I don't think this program is going to last very long
October release and one more set depending on sales figures.
Of course I hope I'm wrong.

Yup
If the physical releases do prove to be unprofitable (and also not a loss leader), I sure hope the program continues in the online realm. Streaming would be good; downloads would be great.

Yup
Certainly hope not, Jeffie. I think sales of the first batch were 'through the roof' and that WEA's QUADIO program will flourish until all those unreleased 70's QUADs are in our greedy hands!

Back