Would you be interested in Seals & Crofts Quadio's?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in Seals & Crofts Quadio Discs?

• Total voters
My summers were in 104 degrees of hot dry Western heat, or upper 90s in the humid South Florida swamp.

Under 55 cohort...I wonder what demographic that represents of the surround sound community. I'll bet it's a large percentage.

Changing my train of thought... I bought many an SACD and DVD-A for $19 circa 2005 for just one song, so $20 per disc for the bundle isn't bad.
I was never a big fan, but back in the first wave, I acquired everything I could in every LP & tape format to support the struggling format.
SO.... I ended up owning Diamond Girl and Summer Breeze on Q-4.
I was very impressed with the production and the nuance of the mix.
I would buy yet ANOTHER set of titles I already own in yet another, new, better format.
As I have done SO many times before. 😏
BTW - Everything I said regarding Seals & Crofts also applies to my opinion on the George Martin produced America quad titles. I own Holiday & find the quad mix impressive. The music is ...fine... pleasant enough.... but the mix is worth a listen.

At 22 years old I’m amazed that there were albums like that coming out within a matter of days from each other.

Take late 1969 for example:

September 22: The Band Self Titled
September 26: Beatles Abbey Road
October 10: Frank Zappa Hot Rats, King Crimson ITCOTCK, The Kinks Arthur
October 22: Led Zeppelin II
October 29: CCR Willy and The Poor Boys
November 4: Allman Bros Self Titled
November 14: David Bowie Space Oddity
December 5: Stones Let It Bleed

Hard to believe there was so much creativity like that emerging weekly, a stark contrast to the new stuff we hear today.
Not hard at all to understand.
Pure statistics...never before had so many young people all over the world been encouraged to "drop out"of society and do something creative.
That never seen before or after mass of people led to some damn fine creative works from the roughly mid 60's to mid 70's

We won't likely ever see that again in our lifetimes...

I vote no.....but if Rhino released a single quad disc of hits ,I'd buy it.
An awesome idea! (But I have a feeling they want to keep the production of these Quadios "easy." Pull the master tape, play it, clean it up a bit, put it on a Blu-ray -- done. That could be why the price is so reasonable.)

This is actually a hard question for me to answer. Yes, I'd buy S&C. Would it be a top pick? No. Not even close. I have all 4 of their CD-4 albums and I've probably played each of them only once or twice ....and quite a long time ago. I think a box set really could be a nice draw if they kept it to around $60.

I'm not quite certain what the point of this poll is. I would think that most people here want these old quads released in a modern format.

Like many such artists back in the day, Seals and Crofts was rather mellow for my taste; I would have passed entirely if not for Quad. I've owned the Quad reel of "Diamond Girl" for years. That song (Diamond Girl) as well as it's clone "Summer Breeze" still bring back many memories. I also have the CD-4 of both "Diamond Girl" and of "Summer Breeze" in my collection.

Last edited:
Not only is their production on the S&G albums pretty hot, but the quad mixes are discreet in the way we surround listeners have come to appreciate. But I find the material less consistent than I’d like. This will not prevent these two hit albums from eventually being reissued on our treasured Quadio line.

Back