Yes - Close to the Edge 5.1 DVD-A/BluRay in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Magnification too....

not played it for aaaages but I seem to remember enjoying it, though not being totally blown away by it. I need to give it another listen.

as for Fragile its not perfect but its not bad.. despite its shortcomings I don't think it deserves the bashing it gets.. I suspect with the eventual SW mix & ELP's BSS remixed by Jakko we're in for real surround treats with both of those old Rhino's, even though they've been released in surround already at least where those two are concerned I won't be complaining about the dreaded "double dip" (or however many dips it'll be by the time they come along!?) maybe there'll be a new SW mix of Magnification one day too..!?!

not played it for aaaages but I seem to remember enjoying it, though not being totally blown away by it. I need to give it another listen.

as for Fragile its not perfect but its not bad.. despite its shortcomings I don't think it deserves the bashing it gets.. I suspect with the eventual SW mix & ELP's BSS remixed by Jakko we're in for real surround treats with both of those old Rhino's, even though they've been released in surround already at least where those two are concerned I won't be complaining about the dreaded "double dip" (or however many dips it'll be by the time they come along!?) maybe there'll be a new SW mix of Magnification one day too..!?!

Have a listen to Dreamtime... the orchestral bit is awesome surround...

Not sure if SW's gonna get all the way up to "Magnification" on these Yes mixes. Seems to me like he'd only do up to "Drama" (or maybe up to "Big Generator"), cause I doubt he'd really want to mix some of those 90s albums particularly the dreaded "Union" (or "Onion" as Rick Wakeman calls it)
But it would be great if the second reissue in the series was out by Spring 2014, when Yes do their 3-album European tour.
There's a rumor that "Going for the One" is next in the series, and if that's the case, fine by me! :)

Drama would be awesome - one of my favourites.... I hope he does up to 90125, not so sure that he'd go past that....

Late as ever, but HORRAY anyway! :D

Couldn't see anyone mentioning the never released and much rumoured quad mix - is that a possibility to toss into the bag as well?

90125 would be awesome, "Leave It" has demo potential written all over it!

Mark Z

Yes!!! Have you heard the Acapella version off the 12" vinyl:

cover_371163132009.jpg

Those Warner versions in 5.1 are not well done though.......

Hi Neil,

I am DennisMoore Jr. Your reputation preceeds you, first, thanks for all the great info. you have been sharing here over the last year or so...

I have both Fragile & Mag. Could you coment further on what you think of the Fragile 5.1 mix? Since I have that one I would much prefer Steven Wilson do GFTO, Tales, Relayer, TYA before he spends his valuable time redoing Fragile.

We need ALL YES records in 5.1! :)

For the group, I bought the SH CTTE 2.0 SACD, and I will gladly pay again for the 5.1 Steven Wilson mix. I wish I didn't have to keep buying the same record again & again, but that seems to be the game we must play. When the 2.0 CTTE SACD came out there was no guarantee(or any promise) of a 5.1 CTTE mix.

Now we know SH is rushing out a GFTO 2.0 SACD, I will take that as a hint there will be a 5.1 GFTO next spring or sooner so I think I will wait for the 5.1 GFTO.;)

Heck, I will even pay for a 5.1 mix of Tormato. Can you imagine On The Silent Wings Of Freedom in proper 5.1???:banana:

Hi Neil,

I am DennisMoore Jr. Your reputation preceeds you, first, thanks for all the great info. you have been sharing here over the last year or so...

I have both Fragile & Mag. Could you coment further on what you think of the Fragile 5.1 mix? Since I have that one I would much prefer Steven Wilson do GFTO, Tales, Relayer, TYA before he spends his valuable time redoing Fragile.

We need ALL YES records in 5.1! :)

For the group, I bought the SH CTTE 2.0 SACD, and I will gladly pay again for the 5.1 Steven Wilson mix. I wish I didn't have to keep buying the same record again & again, but that seems to be the game we must play. When the 2.0 CTTE SACD came out there was no guarantee(or any promise) of a 5.1 CTTE mix.

Now we know SH is rushing out a GFTO 2.0 SACD, I will take that as a hint there will be a 5.1 GFTO next spring or sooner so I think I will wait for the 5.1 GFTO.;)

Heck, I will even pay for a 5.1 mix of Tormato. Can you imagine On The Silent Wings Of Freedom in proper 5.1???:banana:

Welcome Dennis

I have no idea what albums you are referring to. Any chance on giving the full names?

Welcome Dennis

I have no idea what albums you are referring to. Any chance on giving the full names?

CTTE - Close To The Edge
TYA - The Yes Album
GFTO - Going For The One
Mag. - Magnification

Also:
TFTO - Tales From Topographic Oceans...

Back