Yes - Symphonic Yes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
This Tuesday the BD version of this concert is being released. The DVD version is on my list of the top 5 best sounding concerts in my vast collection, even though it is lossy. The lossless 24 bit audio on the BD version will hopefully raise the concert up even farther although I'm not sure if that is even possible. Anyway, just a heads up. It's $13.99 at amazon.ca. Also being released that day is the BD of Procol Harum Live At Union Chapel. Also, $13.99. They would make a good pairing I think for free shipping.

This is definately an upgrade over the DVD version. The video is up there with the best of the concert BD's. The individual instruments are more distinct and the top end sparkles just a little more. Definately worth the $13.99 I paid. If you don't have it at all it's a no-brainer. This is the best YES is going to sound on any format. For instance, the selections from Magnification blow away the DVD-Audio disc in sound quality. There is no comparison.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone owning this please post details of the audio streams on the BluRay? I already have it on DVD and rate it highly. Trying to work out if it's worth the upgrade to BluRay.

Google is your friend...

According to blu-ray.com:

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080i
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.78:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English: LPCM 2.0
English: Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles
English, French, Spanish

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD)

Playback
Region free

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Yes-Symphonic-Live-Blu-ray/27561/

Is there a poll for this. I have only the dvd version and the dual cds but think both are outstanding..

Back