Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I understand most Yes fans probably have little use for single edits, I do find it curious that the single edit of "America" is not included since other single versions ("Roundabout", "Long Distance Runaround") are part of the set.
During the 2003 reissue campaign, the single edit of "America" was put on the Close to the Edge remaster (and the full-length one on Fragile). So maybe it'll resurface on a CTTE box. After all, the "America" single came out in 1972 and had an edit of "Close to the Edge" on the b-side, so it's associated with that album as well as Fragile.

During the 2003 reissue campaign, the single edit of "America" was put on the Close to the Edge remaster (and the full-length one on Fragile). So maybe it'll resurface on a CTTE box. After all, the "America" single came out in 1972 and had an edit of "Close to the Edge" on the b-side, so it's associated with that album as well as Fragile.
I believe that Steven’s 5.1 mix of it was included on the Close To The Edge blu ray rather than Fragile, so I’m sure we’ll see it in that set.

Had to spring for the Rhino-exclusive bundle with the signed litho by Roger Dean.
One of my fave album covers ever 😍
Hoo boy! I hear you! I used to get lost in that album cover whilst listening to the music on headphones in the basement in the wee small hours of the morning! I, too, bought the bundle for the print! Most STOKED! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Looks like they're the best deal of the usual U.S. vendors. Other options are:
Deep Discount: $87.10
Bull Moose: $99.98
Amazon USA: $99.98
If things go the same way they did with The Yes Album, then ImportCDs' current price of $73.44 will eventually be bested by their sister site DeepDiscount, which went to $68.99 by the time the album was released. Wait for a 10% or even 15% coupon and it'll be even cheaper.

Well, my shirt arrived! Next delivery will be Super Deluxe Edition with signed Roger Dean print!
FB683076-625C-4C8F-A416-3D83F0C4786D_1_102_o.jpeg

I’ve ordered this and the new Tull set from Rhino records. Amazon seems to be uncertain about the delivery date which always makes me nervous …

has any one ordered from Rhino direct ? Do they tend to arrive on the release date (or even a little early ?!)

I’ve ordered this and the new Tull set from Rhino records. Amazon seems to be uncertain about the delivery date which always makes me nervous …

has any one ordered from Rhino direct ? Do they tend to arrive on the release date (or even a little early ?!)
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Rhino works with what is likely to be one of the worst fulfillment house of all time.
Amazon likely only comes across as looking uncertain about delivery window because Rhino has issues fulfilling their order.

Their FAQ seemed to imply they’d ship in time for release date delivery.

“When will my Pre-Order Arrive?:

If you live in the U.S. and would like to receive your music on or around release date, please place your order no later than 10 days before the scheduled release date. International orders will not arrive by the US release date and may take an additional 3-6 weeks to get to you.“

I ordered these well within the 10 days. Ah well. I had good luck ordering from Chrysalis direct (release date delivery at 9 am!!) so thought I’d try these guys. I guess we’ll see.

I don’t think it would be a good marketing tactic to come out and say their shipping is at best inconsistent.

Only had one great experience: VM’s Moondance.

Both of my Quadio bundle purchases zigzagged across the country on a slow ride.

They couldn’t find my Chicago Quadio box order in the system for a month even though I shared a screen shot of the order confirmation page and cc transaction.

There was some type of screw up with the Dobbie Bros box. Can’t recall right now the details but it something about confusion on who was actually sending out the order. Something about where it was the band’s merchandise unit or Rhino. Anybody else remember that one?

That being said, sometimes Rhino’s shipping is surprisingly good. I ordered the Joni Mitchell set the day it went up (and while I was in Vegas seeing Phish at Sphere) and it arrived the day after I came back, all of 5 days later.

On the other hand, the second batch of Quadios shipped in 3 different boxes for some reason and I got my shipping notices 3 weeks after they arrived…

Were any of these purchases preorders ?? It seems maybe they struggle with Quadio boxes.

That Joni box was recent right ? Maybe that’s a good sign. Anyway thanks for the honest responses.

Back