Genesis Box sets (CD+DVD) for $14.00/each on Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm a sucker ordered one of each as gifts as I have the Genesis boxsets already and remember a similar pricing error a year or 2 ago and that was 25.97 or something like that for one boxset and the price was never honoured.

If this is true, thanks for posting, that is a crazy cheap price but I kind of doubt that these are real prices.

peter

If I recall correctly, it was the 1983-1998 or maybe the 1976-1982 SACD/DVD-V set at a crazy price and we had a thread here about it. After about 4 months, my order was cancelled. This time it is a crazy price on all of the CD/DVD-V sets which are probably available in far greater quantities than the SACD sets but I am sure the orders placed today are way too many for all to be filled. I suspect that crazy misprice a couple of years ago resulted in 100 orders for every set in existence, the orders couldn't possibly have been filled. The orders today may or may not be filled, my guess is won't be.

Chris

If I recall correctly, it was the 1983-1998 or maybe the 1976-1982 SACD/DVD-V set at a crazy price and we had a thread here about it. After about 4 months, my order was cancelled. This time it is a crazy price on all of the CD/DVD-V sets which are probably available in far greater quantities than the SACD sets but I am sure the orders placed today are way too many for all to be filled. I suspect that crazy misprice a couple of years ago resulted in 100 orders for every set in existence, the orders couldn't possibly have been filled. The orders today may or may not be filled, my guess is won't be.

Chris

My Genesis/Red order is "shipping soon".:eek:
:rolleyes:

Yea, well I was able to process an additional order for nine lives and the pink Floyd set. Nine lives had two listings, one at regular price and one for $14 with only 3 copies left so it looks real and not a mistake.
Also got the email confirmations.
We'll see if Jeff Bestos personally delivers these box sets to my mailbox.....:D

Remember, Concord Music delivered on their sale prices!

PS Nine Lives was a poster not the box set on sale for $14. If you ordered this better check what Amazon says you ordered....

Last edited:
Ordered both Genesis boxes. Doesn't this feel slightly familiar? I put the pink floyd and doors into my shopping cart thinking, hmmm....might make good Christmas gifts. But hesitated and figured I'd come back to it. The prices went back up, but somehow the prices of the items in my shopping cart didn't update themselves to the new prices, and so with this clearly being an error, I finished the transaction, hehe! Now to see if amazon actually honors their transaction, or if they try to jerk us around again.

Well they're gone now, just checked the listings. Christmas came early for me, if these get delivered

Ooops! Just noticed the Robert Plant Nine Lives was a POSTER not the box set :eek: so I cancelled that order. Maybe someone else got fooled, check your amazon order if you think you ordered the box set for $14!
At least I'm still getting the Pink Floyd set.

I got a similar deal on the Spector box set. Cheap as hell.

Thanks for the links.

I purchased the Spector "Back to Mono" 4-CD set for $10 a couple of years ago. That was a 15 year old set and Spector had so much bad press that it wasn't selling anymore. I got it from Best Buy but several places had that deal, I knew it was legitimate. These sets with 10 to 13 discs each, CD's and surround DVD-V's, at $14 can be nothing other than a price mistake. There can be no way Amazon would take the hit on these.

There have been a bunch of legitimate crazy deals with excess inventory of Warner music and video discs but nothing like this. I think Warner would be better off to destroy the excess inventory than sell at this price.

Chris

Regarding the Robert Plant "Nine Lives" box set, does anyone know what music is on the 5.1 DTS mix and what the mix is like? Thanks.

Ooops! Just noticed the Robert Plant Nine Lives was a POSTER not the box set :eek: so I cancelled that order. Maybe someone else got fooled, check your amazon order if you think you ordered the box set for $14!
At least I'm still getting the Pink Floyd set.

This is from my order conformation email;

Shipping estimate for these items: November 9, 2009 - November 19, 2009

1 "Nine Lives (Box Set)"
Robert Plant; Audio CD; $13.97

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Oh, by the Way (Mini LP Replica)"
Pink Floyd; Audio CD; $23.97

On the other hand, Chris is correct, I would be extremely surprised if they let them go due to a price mistake. I also had an order in for the mistakenly priced Genesis box set (back in the fall of 2007). After three or four months of delays it finally resulted in a canceled order. So we'll see.

I think it will be a case of; "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is". :rolleyes:

Regarding the Robert Plant "Nine Lives" box set, does anyone know what music is on the 5.1 DTS mix and what the mix is like? Thanks.

TRACKLIST:
1. Burning Down One Side
2. Big Log
3. In the Mood
4. Rockin' at Midnight
5. Sea of Love
6. Little by Little
7. Pink and Black
8. Heaven Knows
9. Tall Cool One
10. Ship of Fools
11. Hurting Kind (I've Got My Eyes on You)
12. Nirvana
13. Tie Dye on the Highway
14. Calling To You
15. 29 Palms
16. I Believe
17. If I Were a Carpenter
18. Morning Dew
19. Darkness, Darkness
20. Shine It All Around

I have not heard the mix yet, however I have been told that it is very good. Perhaps someone else could comment about the mix.

yeah, but the difference is that last time it was a harder to get import that they didn't really need to carry. They claimed it was an out of stock item that they couldn't get in stock, and stuck to that story through several phone calls, even when I showed them how it was in stock on their foreign sites, and showed them equivalent items that were in stock on their site. This time it's items that are easily and readily available, and that they will continue to regularly sell and stock, so they can't claim that it's out of stock and that they can't get more. So, on the phone, I can easily argue to them that they have the ability to fulfill the order, it'll be harder for them to weasel out of it with an excuse. Unless they get the manufacturers to change the barcode of the item so that they can carry a completely different item that is exactly the same.

On the other hand, Chris is correct, I would be extremely surprised if they let them go due to a price mistake. I also had an order in for the mistakenly priced Genesis box set (back in the fall of 2007). After three or four months of delays it finally resulted in a canceled order. So we'll see.

I think it will be a case of; "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is". :rolleyes:
As I said, my Gabriel box is shipping soon and cannot be cancelled.

BUT for anyone that ordered multiples of one title, they are only allowing one of each. My Floyd box now shows 1, I had ordered 2......1 for a friend.

I just got an email from Amazon saying they will only ship me 1 Floyd box not the two I ordered. Which tells me I really am getting this set for $23 :banana:

No emails yet limiting the two Perceptions and Genesis I ordered...Its looking like we all got lucky, thanks to Soundboys post.

yeah, but the difference is that last time it was a harder to get import that they didn't really need to carry. They claimed it was an out of stock item that they couldn't get in stock, and stuck to that story through several phone calls, even when I showed them how it was in stock on their foreign sites, and showed them equivalent items that were in stock on their site. This time it's items that are easily and readily available, and that they will continue to regularly sell and stock, so they can't claim that it's out of stock and that they can't get more. So, on the phone, I can easily argue to them that they have the ability to fulfill the order, it'll be harder for them to weasel out of it with an excuse. Unless they get the manufacturers to change the barcode of the item so that they can carry a completely different item that is exactly the same.

These boxsets are obviously more common so maybe one of each can be shipped. I read the thread at SH and several ordered multiples of many of the sets. My order indicates shipping dates 3 weeks or so in the future. If Amazon hasn't got it in stock now, how do they fill the order at those prices? I guess my only hope is that the original shipping date was so far out because of the multiple orders which are being cancelled and once the quantity of one per order is recalculated, the in stock inventory is enough to fill the orders.

If we get one of any of these crazy deals, it will be quite a bargain.

Chris

Yea, well I was able to process an additional order for nine lives and the pink Floyd set. Nine lives had two listings, one at regular price and one for $14 with only 3 copies left so it looks real and not a mistake.
Also got the email confirmations.
We'll see if Jeff Bestos personally delivers these box sets to my mailbox.....:D

Remember, Concord Music delivered on their sale prices!

PS Nine Lives was a poster not the box set on sale for $14. If you ordered this better check what Amazon says you ordered....

Yes, Concord delivered most but nowhere near all of the orders during that crazy sale but it was at around $5 per disc, not $1.50. It was also an advertised sale with a big banner at their site promoting it. I still have 3 items I paid Concord for and never received and there is apparently no customer service staff remaining to respond so I just gave up after a couple of emails although I did get one email acknowledging the three items were backordered.

Chris

If anybody got the Robert Plant "Nine Lives" set and would prefer Genesis 1983-1998, I would make that trade, assuming both orders are filled. I already own the Genesis sets but tried an order for duplicate to trade or give as gift.

Chris

Go figure...the one night I don't check the forum for new posts and something like this happens...:rolleyes:

Seriously...I hope the sale/pricing error? works out for everyone! Good luck!
Josh :)

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are
limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

Oh by the Way (Mini LP Replica)

We have cancelled the additional quantities you requested, but
appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Oh well, Merry Christmas to me! My friend will get wine!

It's funny. Before I left for work yesterday, I got an email from Amazon about a "Limited Time Box Set Sale". I didn't have much time, so I just figured I'd check it out when I got home. However, I didn't boot until the sale was over. DUMB!! I would have at least snagged a "Preception" box for $13 for future trade or backup, and the Floyd..................... ARGH!!! :(

Back