Genesis Box sets (CD+DVD) for $14.00/each on Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny. Before I left for work yesterday, I got an email from Amazon about a "Limited Time Box Set Sale".

I get all sorts of e-mails from Amazon for sales I don't care about...and the one e-mail I'd want to get I never got! :rolleyes: It would have been nice to have the NTSC DVDs for the green Genesis box not to mention the Doors box which I haven't added to the ole' collection yet.

What can you do but take pleasure in knowing fellow QQers may have lucked out! I've been on the right side of these deals in the past, so it all works out...right? ;)
Josh

Just got my shipping notice from Amazon for this set too. Don't know what motivated Amazon to sell all these sets at this price, tax write off? But glad they did.

Just got my shipping notice from Amazon for this set too. Don't know what motivated Amazon to sell all these sets at this price, tax write off? But glad they did.
Major screw up. I think it was supposed to be 10% off, but ended up being 10% of the original price.

My non-price error items shipped but according to the email received, the Genesis sets will be shipped when available.

You have only been charged for the items sent in this shipment.
(Per our policy, you only pay for items when we ship them to you.)
The following items will ship separately, as soon as they're available:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Not Yet Shipped
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Genesis 1976-1982 $13.97 1

1 Genesis Box Set 3 (1970-1975) $13.97 1

1 1983-1998 Box Set 5CD/5DVD $13.97 1

Chris

Wish I had seen this in time.

Anybody else notice that used sets are priced higher than new ones. what up with that?

Why would anybody on amazon think they could unload a used set for more than a new one sells for?

Wish I had seen this in time.

Anybody else notice that used sets are priced higher than new ones. what up with that?

Why would anybody on amazon think they could unload a used set for more than a new one sells for?

I have no idea why some sellers ask crazy high prices on Amazon and eBay and I am completely baffled as to why some people pay those prices so I have no answers. There were a bunch of crazy low Amazon prices for a brief period a few days ago and I missed out on orders for all but these three Genesis sets and I would much rather have gotten orders in on several of the others.

Chris

Well it does really look like the boxsets are being shipped as some other have been reporting. I have no idea how these are being sent at those prices as with free shipping in USA, you would think shipping alone eats up some of that cost.
I got a notice that Genesis 1970-1975 has shipped last night and that one is a gift for a friend from work.
I still have the other 2 box's(1976-1982,1983-1998) in wait state and I might be trading those if anyone is interested in them.
Please pm if interested.

peter

Well it does really look like the boxsets are being shipped as some other have been reporting. I have no idea how these are being sent at those prices as with free shipping in USA, you would think shipping alone eats up some of that cost.
I got a notice that Genesis 1970-1975 has shipped last night and that one is a gift for a friend from work.
I still have the other 2 box's(1976-1982,1983-1998) in wait state and I might be trading those if anyone is interested in them.
Please pm if interested.

Got my 1970-75 Genesis boxset a couple of days ago and have received email about the 1983-98 boxset beginning shipped.

My Genesis 1970- box sets arrived two days ago and judging by the Amazon email my Doors perception box should be there today for me. :eek:

Would have never believed it but all 3 boxsets say shipped for me as well.
Had them shipped to my sister's place who lives in Arizona,USA so total cost 41.94 for all 3, wow still can't believe this price.
As my Mom is visiting my sister right now am hoping she will be bringing them back for me if everything works out.
The 70-75 box is for a friend from work,83-98 box I didn't have yet and 76-82 box is a spare(maybe I will have to sell my Sacd\Ntsc box).

My sis, email's me back, that Mom says(add German accent), "Peter has to many cd's already and doesn't need any more".

peter

Well we are all lucky, I got my Doors and Genesis box sets delivered. The final test will be to see if the Pink Floyd box set arrives this month. Regretably Amazon limited all of us to one box, while I got duplicates of the others. But I won't complain, this was a great deal and I read of someone on the Steve Hoffman site who got in about twenty something different box orders under those crazy prices....

My pink floyd box disappeared from my open order without notification or reason. Everyone that ordered the pink floyd set should login to amazon and check your order status, I suspect they're quietly canceling this item from the open orders.

The genesis and doors boxes appear to be untouched, but for some reason they are trying to cancel all pink floyd box sales it seems. I'm calling them out on it, and have started contacting their customer support via email to see what their response is on this.

My pink floyd box disappeared from my open order without notification or reason. Everyone that ordered the pink floyd set should login to amazon and check your order status, I suspect they're quietly canceling this item from the open orders.

The genesis and doors boxes appear to be untouched, but for some reason they are trying to cancel all pink floyd box sales it seems. I'm calling them out on it, and have started contacting their customer support via email to see what their response is on this.

Yes, my Pink Floyd order disappeared also. Let us know what they have to say about that!

They did however ship the Robert Plant;

1 Nine Lives (Box Set) $13.97

(quite the deal) :banana:

Well, according to the hoffman forums, other people who have had this issue have gotten customer service to agree to sell them the box set for the agreed upon price by reimbursing them the difference when placing a new order.

Thank you Army of Quad for posting this. I checked my Amazon open orders and the Pink Floyd box has been deleted. I have sent an email to customer support demanding an explanation. I think the fact they are doing this on a group basis when the product is still available could leave them open to a class action suit. You can't secretly delete confirmed orders at least without any notification. Anyways at least I can send an email!

I'm not gonna bitch about it. It was obviously a mistake. It was great of them to honour everyone's Genesis order.

A few weeks ago a store I frequent had an internet page that showed a Panasonic TV for $1, save $1997! I called in case it was some weird contest or something. Was told it was a mistake. Didn't expect them to honour that price.

Well, while others have been able to get amazon to honor the agreed upon price, they have adamantly refused to honor it for me. I spoke with 1 rep and 2 supervisors. I started citing california state laws (thanks to links from old quad guy from the last genesis box set pricing fiasco), and they basically told me to go ahead and take legal action.

I think a memo went out stopping all honoring of this price on this set. Well, at least some were able to get it, and at least the other boxes didn't get halted like the pink floyd did.

If anyone happens to get anywhere with this box, please post info here so I can try again.

More power to ya. I have far too many other things to direct my energy (or lack thereof!) to.

Back