ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bob, I'd like to see this story write itself without all of the hand-wringing. Patience people, it doesn't have to be decided today!

AFAIK, this is still the official word:

Razor & Tie’s full catalogue re-issue campaign will continue with the release of newly expanded, re-mastered, editions of four additional ELP classic albums: Pictures At An Art Exhibition (1971- Live Album), Trilogy (1972- Studio Album), Brain Salad Surgery (1973- Studio Album), and Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends – Ladies & Gentlemen (1974- Live Album).

So until I hear an official statement that is otherwise, I'll be looking forward to these in addition to the first two titles (y)

Be happy we are getting the first two albums...I doubt we will actually see any more releases but my prefs would be Trilogy then PAAE... or PAAE then Trilogy!
There is no hope for WBMF...you can take that to the bank.

So you've got inside information at Razor & Tie as well as Sony Music, then?
If you cannot reveal your sources, that is fine & well - I completely understand - but if this is simple guesswork then what is the point?
And, if as I suspect, it is - then please qualify the statement by saying that in your opinion there is no hope for WBMF, rather than making it look like you know something.
Which, of course, you might - just sayin'.

So you've got inside information at Razor & Tie as well as Sony Music, then?
If you cannot reveal your sources, that is fine & well - I completely understand - but if this is simple guesswork then what is the point?
And, if as I suspect, it is - then please qualify the statement by saying that in your opinion there is no hope for WBMF, rather than making it look like you know something.
Which, of course, you might - just sayin'.

OK, Sorry Neil, That is only MY prediction...I don't have any inside contact. It's kinda like I just don't want to get my hopes up and would be more THRILLED to be wrong! Either way, you and Steven are the best sources we could hope for.

OK, Sorry Neil, That is only MY prediction...I don't have any inside contact. It's kinda like I just don't want to get my hopes up and would be more THRILLED to be wrong! Either way, you and Steven are the best sources we could hope for.

It wasn't that long ago in this thread that I said anyone thinking these would be dvd-a were delusional...well let me tell you, Wilson mixed, Opus authored DVD-A ELP releases is sure some mighty fine tasting crow!

I look forward to the ELP releases on August 14th. I'll be buying them both. I can now even enjoy them a bit more knowing I've had the pleasure to converse through this forum with the engineer who authored the discs.

Steven.

If August 14 is the actual release date, that would be the 41st anniversary of the first time I saw ELP in concert, Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ. My first show was in May of 1971 but they didn't show up! It was a at a small college in New Jersey

If August 14 is the actual release date, that would be the 41st anniversary of the first time I saw ELP in concert, Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ. My first show was in May of 1971 but they didn't show up! It was a at a small college in New Jersey
Well, that would be ironic but August 27 seems to be the date being given for the moment.

Well, that would be ironic but August 27 seems to be the date being given for the moment.

On Amazon.com, the estimated DELIVERY date says Aug 20-24 while the DISPATCH date on Amazon.co.uk is August 28.
On elp.merchnow.com, ELP S/T says "Date Change - Ships - 9/25" and there is no date listed for Tarkus but when I placed an order for the Tarkus CD/DVD box and a Tarkus T-shirt, it said 9/25 so...
I doesn't seem that they really have a handle on the release date(s) yet but Lisa says Aug 27 and if I am correct, aren't new releases in the UK usually on Monday? In the US, I think they are on Tuesdays. Is this correct? For what reason releases are on certain days, I am clueless but this is the case for most UK and US releases. Anyone?

Hmmm....there's been several news articles about these, mostly saying pretty much the same thing. Here's one I hadn't seen before though and it makes things sound more definite:
http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/first-two-emerson-lake-palmer-albums-to-be-reissued-in-remixed-three-disc-deluxe-editions/

Even better, it has also been announced that Wilson will revisit Pictures At An Exhibition (1971); Trilogy (1972); Brain Salad Surgery (1973); and Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends...Ladies and Gentlemen, Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1974), all in new remixed glory. The dates for those albums are yet to be determined, but the reissues will stop there even though I'd like to see both Works sets given the same treatment. Perhaps in part because those albums were considered by many to be excessive, perhaps even egotistical releases.

Hmmm....there's been several news articles about these, mostly saying pretty much the same thing. Here's one I hadn't seen before though and it makes things sound more definite:
http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/first-two-emerson-lake-palmer-albums-to-be-reissued-in-remixed-three-disc-deluxe-editions/

PAAE, Trilogy and WBMF would be GREAT!
Trust me, there is no bigger ELP fan than me. If anyone saw my collection, they would probably say I should be put away. Keith was supposed to come out for a ride on my Ocke Mannerfelt B28 named "AQUA TARKUS" for a ride a couple of years ago and he has seen my TARKUS license plates on my car that I have had since 1974. I have probably spent more on ELP than most anyone.
Here is the boat...it is now for sale. I even had an mp3 player horn that blasted the "Tarkus wail" from WBMF...VERY loud.
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...hosturl=globaloneyachts&&ywo=globaloneyachts&

Another thought to toss out there for speculation - Pictures At An Exhibition. We think of that album of being that piece of music (plus Nutrocker of course) but it's a live show. If they've got the multis for a 5.1 mix will the bonus tracks be the rest of the concert? Yes, we've seen and heard the dvd PaaE but that's a different concert...getting the rest of this particular show could be awesome!

I have my fingers crossed to have the 1971 Pictures At An Exhibition as an intact original performance as a 5.1 surround release. My fear is that so many edits were performed that maybe some of these cannot be re-created in 5.1 format. I trust that, given the opportunity, Steven could make a convincing show from the tape archives.

I have my fingers crossed to have the 1971 Pictures At An Exhibition as an intact original performance as a 5.1 surround release. My fear is that so many edits were performed that maybe some of these cannot be re-created in 5.1 format. I trust that, given the opportunity, Steven could make a convincing show from the tape archives.

PAAE was a very good live recording for that time. I have been playing it for a few days now in my car and realize the potential it has for a surround treatment. And like I mentioned before, EXTRAS? They surely must have recorded the entire show.
I just wish we could get some inside info on whether or not it will really happen (nudge, nudge Neil).
And Trilogy? I am very curious to hear "Trilogy" and "Endless Enigma" but if I had to make a choice between Trilogy and PAAE, I would choose PAAE.
And WBMF? We can only hope for that one...terrible recording but who knows what the quality of the multitracks actually were. When that album first came out, I called the record company and complained and the guy told me to shove the album up my ass. I still have my original UK import 3 record set of that album.

Patience, it's nice to have some mystery and something to look forward to. I would probably listen to Pictures more that Trilogy myself, but these notions change over time.

Listen to the King Biscuit CD of ELP live in 1974 and hear the difference as some performances are same as Welcome Back. I think it's much clearer.

Importcds lists A 3CD Sbme/Razor & Tie ELP Catalog number 833472 and a 2CD + DVD audio EU import from Sony catalog number 88691937972.

Do they both contain the DVDA?

Anyone know?

Well, I still prefer Trilogy as their overall best album...
And yes, PAAE is an excellent recording, I have the MFSL LP and it sounds crystal clear...

Can't wait for Trilogy on DVD-A....

Back