Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrified Funk - Wild Cherry..

As soon as I down tools I just keep turning to this one again and again - and again...
..its the most bell-bottom swinging-tastic open frilly-shirt freaky funkified gold medallion swinging platform shoe workout stress buster..
best accompanied by a long cold drink of the poison of your choice.. perfect to put on to boogie round your room before you hit the club and really shake your thing!

PLEASE AF, resurrect this one from its criminal Sony SACD cancellation limbo and get it out in Surround..? :worthy
(that's an emoticon for begging btw.. yes I'm begging on my hands and knees for a MultiChannel reissue now..! :D )

As a mix its not full of tricks and flashy pans, in fact there's really none of that showy stuff I usually lap up with these old Quads.. but the mix is nice and active and engaging, hugely immersive and rock solid.. and did I mention musically its as FUNKY AS ALL HELL... every tune's a toe tapper, even the ballads will have you swaying in your sweet spot..!! Really its just one of the most terrific Quads I've ever heard...

"you gotta
dance
dance
dance
dance
to the music babe..!" :banana:

There Goes Rhymin' Simon - Paul Simon

(Well the artist himself may - allegedly - not want us to hear it.. but he can't stop us from playing - and enjoying - the old Quad records and tapes! :D )

Beaded Dreams Through Turquoise Eyes - Redbone

Love this one (it almost helps that nothing on it was familiar at all before I heard the Quad mix, which is superb.. it was a great surprise double whammy of totally new music and a totally new surround album to boot.. not bad for a 42-year old record..! :D )

Hey fredblue.. you sure are having a blast with photobucket !! Such definition in those big pics... I love the Azteca artwork ! They say: Never judge a book by it's cover.. but it makes me want to listen to it ! :upthumb

Eagles_zps9cvusase.jpg.html

Photobucket for the first time, see if it works.

It didn't :(.

I found this yesterday at the Library and although it's in Dolby Digital 5.1, I'm still enjoying this version a lot. :)

I wish Equinoxe had been released in the same fashion as I prefer it to Oxygene.

just re-did my foobar playlist 5.1 dvd rips (includes a few blu-ray rips as well), since I'm on a new PC since mid-december... how I missed listening to these :music

the ring - end credits
the forgotten - end credits
the village - end credits
signs - main titles
signs - end credits
hide and seek - end credits
mars attacks! - main titles
the innkeepers - main titles
the innkeepers - end credits
1408 - end credits
war of the worlds - end credits
from hell - end credits
a beautiful mind - main titles
a beautiful mind - end credits
the sixth sense - main titles
the sixth sense - end credits
lost souls - end credits
the exorcism of emily rose - end credits
the haunting - end credits
jurassic park - end credits
jurassic park 2 - end credits
identity - end credits
dark city - end credits
rose red - end credits
la guerre du feu - end credits
retreat - end credits
nell - end credits
amélie - end credits
the ward - end credits
cloverfield - end credits
the day after tomorrow - end credits
secret window - end credits
the others - end credits
copycat - end credits
bless the child - end credits
minority report - end credits
helen - main titles
helen - end credits
donnie darko - end credits
the uninvited - end credits
the terminal - end credits
untraceable - end credits
the gift - end credits
jennifer 8 - end credits
drag me to hell - main titles
drag me to hell - end credits
chocolat - end credits

Hey fredblue.. you sure are having a blast with photobucket !! Such definition in those big pics... I love the Azteca artwork ! They say: Never judge a book by it's cover.. but it makes me want to listen to it ! :upthumb

Hey JF! :) Have you heard the Azteca album already? It's a cracker! :p

Back