The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f882436863fde18acdbbb8f79c3460a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New spot this afternoon....we'd been there during the soft opening and went for today's official grand opening....Brew Lab 101, had the "Event Horizon" oatmeal stout (5.7% abv, 28 ibu). Very nice, smooth and full of body.
[IMG]

Now sharing a single with Mrs D - Avery Brewing "Bug Zapper" lime and ginger sour (6.0% abv, 10 ibu). Not sure what to think about this one, it's different....not surprising it's got a bit of a ginger beer thing going but the lime and the "sour" move it a little sideways.
[IMG]

One of my local favorites: an Imperial IPA that you either love or hate. I like it! Reviews are all over the place (but I like the grapefruit undertone of it, not to mention the 8.0 ABV that sneaks up on you, lol). And you gotta love a brewery called "Southern Prohibition." Reviews below.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/32543/156507/

Last edited:
Treated myself to a delicious German dinner at Altstadt in Pioneer Square, Seattle tonight after a long couple days in the studio mixing some vocal jazz:

47d9a540e5850d054845f7cfebeda98e.jpg

That's a .3L Ayinger Bräu Weisse. Not my favorite Hefeweizen, but still good. And it was the perfect accompaniment to this:

97b21323ee0b9a5ed0ef164110093bd7.jpg

The sauerkraut on the left is the same as the fresh stuff on the right, but simmered in duck fat. Soooooo good.

I'm definitely jealous of your diverse access to beer, Dopplebock.

Proper Brewing out of SLC. Canned date 7/9 (y)It's fresh

View attachment 41696

I like that can!

Yes, we do pretty well here for beer selection. Having a couple good indie shops as well as the Total Wine "mega shop" and then all the breweries that are always doing one-off seasonal things...so much beer, so little time.

Utah is so odd with the beer laws, hopefully they one day loosen up some more. I love visiting the state (Moab area mostly of course but also St George).

Whenever there's one in the series I haven't had and I see it in the shop, of course I get one to try out - Firestone Walker "Luponic Distortion IPA Series No. 13" (5.9% abv, 59 ibu). Lots of citrus in this one with a nice little hoppy finish...light and smooth, I'll probably grab another can.
[IMG]

Mrs D went to pick up her mom to bring her for dinner tonight, and that also involves her Pokemon Go obsession (yes, my 75 year old mother-in-law is completely and totally obsessed). As I spent most of the afternoon taking the 2 grandkids to a birthday party I'm not waiting any longer.....so, a glass of the home-brew dry-hopped IPA
[IMG]

I wanna try a Dill Pickle Gose, but the only ones I can find are either expensive or on the other side of the country...

One of our local breweries did a pickle juice porter some time ago. I didn't get to try it unfortunately.

Back