The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7b0890600e82e79e51fb59673cc4bdbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal Illinois! Yes, we have a brewery...

dbd238f04c4f407692d07096dfc0ffae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only had one of their beers - the blueberry gose. I guess they are not distributed here, probably a can I picked up while on a road trip (Phoenix last year for SW show I think)

While out getting groceries this afternoon we stopped at one of the smaller neighborhood breweries that we'd been meaning to check out, High & Dry Brewing. We just ordered a small flight to share..."Strawberry Blonde" a tart blonde ale with strawberry....not bad at all....."Special Shapes" IPA (6.7% abv, 60 ibu), decent, not top shelf stuff but pretty smooth...."Daydream Disaster" altbier (5.5% abv, 30 ibu) which was quite good....and the "No Stoubt" stout(4.4% abv, 30 ibu), another in the decent but not special range.
[IMG]

Time for a hop fix - picked this up this afternoon - "Woodland Paradise" IPA is a collaboration brew by local La Cumbre and Cannonball Creek in Golden Colorado (7.1% abv, 65 ibu). Very piney to me, good dankness and a gentle touch of "sweet" as it goes down. I'll probably grab another 4-pack before they're gone.
La-Cumbre-Cannonball-Creek-Woodland-Paradise-IPA.jpg

Reactions: GOS
Not a big fan of heavy hops, https://share.icloud.com/photos/0sLfxTg8SV-qQXWHSn_YTopYg
Back in Nederland middle of this August it seems.
That 805 is a nice beer....FW is almost always top tier brews. Me, I love the hops, more the better, but I also love the opposites - the sours. Took me a while, but now the porters and stouts are quite enjoyable to me too - must be the really good home-brew we did a couple years back!

Now, another IPA, Bosque Brewing "Spacelion" - looks like it's my last can and I may have to wait until next year for the next batch.
Bosque-Spacelion-IPA.jpg

Last time we were in Brugge I had a Mort Subite, my wife said I hope not, that's when you know they actually like you.
The west coast IPA's are too much for me, though most are clearly well made, just not my preference.

Last edited:
On Wednesday night, I enjoyed a bottle of Mountain Goat Brewery & Garage Project's collaboration brew with Melbourne's spice-concentrate producers Chai Addict. It's called Horn Please, and it's a chili chai imperial stout. At 8.7%, and with ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, and more, it's a real winter warmer! :love:🍺 (Photo below courtesy Craig Purvis.)

The annual NM IPA challenge begins in the next couple weeks. It's a very friendly competition, quite informal, anyone can register and participate in the various stages held around the state - it's mostly about promoting the industry which is great, and we often see some new collaborations come from it (not just on IPA's too).

Not sure if it is this years entry but Bosque Brewing had another new one on tap this week - "Enargie" (7.2% abv, 80 ibu), a very citrus forward, hop dank finish on tap:
Bosque-Enargia-IPA.jpg

Back