Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did just read my order confirmation email and it does say this:
Please note some products in your order may be on pre-order. Refer to product descriptions for shipping timelines.

Anyway, I’m in no hurry. So, if it takes another 2-3 weeks, it’ll be fine. They can’t be making any money on this set at $40.00.

Did you get an order confirmation? If not I would contact them again.

I got the order confirmation within a few minutes of submitting the order.

Wow! I did not see that statement anywhere on the page when I ordered it.

Neither did I but the page for the Box Set at least now says "Your order will ship in 3-4 weeks". Maybe I just missed that?

I think the vast majority of us had and will have that exact experience. It's so pointless.

i seem to remember hearing that the majors put all that extraneous stuff in the big boxes to try and combat piracy?

the suggestion being that a bootlegger wouldn't have a load of Farewell To Kings rings in velvet pouches and chains manufactured, or a ton of "Eat my trousers, E.C.!" (or whatever it says!) badges made for the Layla boxset..

i seem to remember hearing that the majors put all that extraneous stuff in the big boxes to try and combat piracy?

the suggestion being that a bootlegger wouldn't have a load of Farewell To Kings rings in velvet pouches and chains manufactured, or a ton of "Eat my trousers, E.C.!" (or whatever it says!) badges made for the Layla boxset..
OtOH, it sort of enables bootlegging, as Russian Federation stand-alone Blu-rays priced less than $20, of mega-expensive official titles are going to be quite tempting to some.

OtOH, it sort of enables bootlegging, as Russian Federation stand-alone Blu-rays priced less than $20, of mega-expensive official titles are going to be quite tempting to some.

oh i quite agree, if that is why all the trinkets routinely get bundled in the boxes, it kinda backfires because a lot of people just want the music and not all the superfluous marbles and shit and will go hunting for alternatives, not just Russian bootlegs but rips online etc

Wow! I did not see that statement anywhere on the page when I ordered it.
Nor did I. My order would've been placed late on the 14th, California time. I received a follow-up eMail late last week, saying much the same thing about 3-4 week wait. I'm happy with this, given the deal we've received. It's plain that stock is still available at their end, as their webpage once more lists the set as available at $99.98. :cool: Unless there's been a severe hiccup, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility. 😅

I'd trade in all the useless crap if they'd fix the mixes for Michelle and Think About You.
I'd trade in the whole shootin' match if they'd fix me up with the blonde girl in the photos. 😁

The badge in my box reads Derek Is Eric, I think. Man, I'd like to see a stylised version of that badge with Eat my trousers, E.C.! on it. 😆

Yeah, those sets weren't very well-conceived, were they. If memory serves, the pin assembly of the badge in my set actually dislodged. ☹ At least all the discs remained safe and (largely) unscuffed. I'm very glad to own that box, though; it's worth a mint now.

Yeah, those sets weren't very well-conceived, were they. If memory serves, the pin assembly of the badge in my set actually dislodged. ☹ At least all the discs remained safe and (largely) unscuffed. I'm very glad to own that box, though; it's worth a mint now.
I got lucky a month or so back - a guy selling it for right around retail. My eyes popped out of my head. I reinserted them to click "buy now" as quickly as possible...

Nor did I. My order would've been placed late on the 14th, California time. I received a follow-up eMail late last week, saying much the same thing about 3-4 week wait. I'm happy with this, given the deal we've received. It's plain that stock is still available at their end, as their webpage once more lists the set as available at $99.98. :cool: Unless there's been a severe hiccup, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility. 😅
I ordered mine on the 15th. Then on the 25th they sent me the following:
THANKS FOR PURCHASING FROM THE GUNS N' ROSES OFFICIAL STORE! WE'RE REACHING OUT REGARDING YOUR ORDER CONTAINING THE APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION SUPER DELUXE BOX SET.

YOU'VE GOT GREAT TASTE AND CHOSE A POPULAR ITEM! UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, YOUR ORDER WILL BE DELAYED. ORDERS ARE NOW EXPECTED TO SHIP IN 3-4 WEEKS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

Back