Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soundgarden: Live From The Artists Den (Blu Ray 5.1)

R-13931087-1564509386-4372.jpeg.jpg
Crank it!!!

BTW, Clement, is it a BD~A R or a bone fide BD~A ......and please, FULL REVIEW?
Whoa! Just seeing this. After The Savior, I watched the latest Life In Surround episode and then hit the sack. Couldn't sleep and I see your post! Sad to say, it's a BD-A R. I'll write a review tomorrow. Initial reaction is that it is indeed atmospheric, but lots of discrete elements contribute to that atmosphere. Dark, somber, melodic, moody, no extraordinary flashiness of musicianship--yeoman work with grooves and tasty riffs. I do remember my thought as I crawled off to bed was, "An alternate title might be Portrait of the Artist as an Aging Man." Maybe more will come to me in a dream! Ultimately, a very satisfying and enjoyable listen . . . despite the BD-A R(rrrrrr)

Thanks! I'll look for it! Pity there's no Clash on it--The Only Band That Matters! Man, I would love some Clash in surround! As far as Police goes, SACD is all I have. And you mos' def'can't go wrong with Pere Ubu!

Both Clash -Rude Boy and their Greatest Hits dvds on CBS/SONY were available in DD 5.1.btw

"ROCKIN THE CASBAH"!!!

Both Clash -Rude Boy and their Greatest Hits dvds on CBS/SONY were available in DD 5.1.btw

"ROCKIN THE CASBAH"!!!
Indeed! Two of the greatest live shows I ever saw were Clash shows! I had no idea about the 5..1! How are they? Only available overseas (from the US, that is! Such an ethnocentrist!), so I thought I'd ask about the mix before I spend 10 euros on shipping! Peace

So, what's the verdict, Clement? Hope your migraine has subsided. Ouch!
Hey! Thanks for asking! Imitrix - 1, Migraine - 0; which is good news cuz this genuine Pure Audio Blu-ray release is MOST crankable--and man! does it sound GREAT turned up! I have (all?) 3 Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band multichannel releases, and Bernie Dresel plays on all of them. I LOVE each of those Goodwin discs, and This BBB release is smokin' good. This is yet another disc that demands a poll thread. How the funk does one go about getting a poll thread started around here? I'd type more MORE MORE about this ALL killer NO filler release, but I'll save myself in the hopes of getting a poll thread! Suffice it to say if you enjoy Goodwin's releases, GET THIS--NOW NOW NOW!

Hey! Thanks for asking! Imitrix - 1, Migraine - 0; which is good news cuz this genuine Pure Audio Blu-ray release is MOST crankable--and man! does it sound GREAT turned up! I have (all?) 3 Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band multichannel releases, and Bernie Dresel plays on all of them. I LOVE each of those Goodwin discs, and This BBB release is smokin' good. This is yet another disc that demands a poll thread. How the funk does one go about getting a poll thread started around here? I'd type more MORE MORE about this ALL killer NO filler release, but I'll save myself in the hopes of getting a poll thread! Suffice it to say if you enjoy Goodwin's releases, GET THIS--NOW NOW NOW!
I'm assuming you know about Live Bernin' as well?

Back