Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no DVD-Audio version...

It's misleading on Amazon U.K. then.....it says Blu Ray Audio, but below that the options are Blu Ray ( £85 : 63 ) DVD-Audio ( £14.99 ) ??

I've been listening on Spotify & i really like it, so looking forward to receiving it.

It's misleading on Amazon U.K. then.....it says Blu Ray Audio, but below that the options are Blu Ray ( £85 : 63 ) DVD-Audio ( £14.99 ) ??

I've been listening on Spotify & i really like it, so looking forward to receiving it.
Maybe see what you get!
But to answer your question, DVD does not support Atmos.

Well, sounds like I'll be remixing video and audio after the rip. for works like this, I break out each song, select the audio track I want (either DTS-HD MA or (preferably) Atmos), and build the playlist in Jriver MC. It then bitstreams the audio to the processor.
So you bitstream from JRiver to your processor and can play Atmos? If thats right please walk me through how you do this. I’ve been trying to for months and can’t get it.

So you bitstream from JRiver to your processor and can play Atmos? If thats right please walk me through how you do this. I’ve been trying to for months and can’t get it.
Hi Mcallister, it is my understanding that to make an Atmos file, rip the disc using MKV and then with Music Media Helper you want to convert to an MKA file, but JRiver will not play MKA Atmos files.
I hope I am wrong, and someone can tell me they are playing ripped Atmos files via JRiver, that would be great.
I looked on the JRiver forum and I just don't think they are there yet?

Maybe see what you get!
But to answer your question, DVD does not support Atmos.

Yes, that's what i thought......but it's a descriptive mistake on Amazon's part. ( As been posted. )

One thing i've just discovered is Blackfield, while listening on Spotify, but it seems no longer available on Blu Ray Audio ?? "Blackfield V sounds good, so far...

It's less the resolution than the more primitive nature of the recordings. Plus it's nearly 20 years MORE of a legacy format to handle these days.
One can only hope that the original ADAT multi-track SVHS tapes can be coaxed into transferring to pro tools without major dropouts.
Considering some of my DAT recordings are starting to fail, I can see why it might be a losing proposition......

I think "Personal Shopper" was influenced by the Kate Bush track, "50 Words For Snow" with Stephen Fry & Elton John performs a track with Kate, on that album.

I just received my "LIMITED EDITION DELUXE BOX SET" in the post, and I'm on my first listen (in LPCM 5.1 surround!)

Here's the poll: HiRez Poll - Wilson, Steven - THE FUTURE BITES [Blu-Ray Audio]

I will be making sure that any posts that do not belong in the poll thread are promptly removed!
This includes all posts about shipping, deliveries, prices, etc.

Does this mean you will remove any negative comments on a Steve Wilson mix? ;)
Just kidding!

So jealous of those who have received their copies already. Mine will be here on Tuesday. Not sure what takes so long. It went from Manchester, UK to Cincinnati, OH in less than 24-hours and has already left Cincy. Even by road, it's already in the Empire State.

Listening now. I really like the Atmos mix, overall resolution not as good as I thought it would be though. Great music so far.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Listened to it on Spotify, guess I didn't realise how much of the album we've actually already heard. Only three new songs really, not counting the opener Unself. I like it, but one thing I do miss a bit on this album and To the Bone is a sense of flow. I remember about 15 years ago when he went on this rant against ipods and how they were destroying the album format (believe there was a video of him smashing up ipods as well). I'm totally fine with the new musical styles and of course do believe that each song on an album should be strong and stand on its own. I just wish they sounded more connected.

That aside, good album. Favourite tracks probably King Ghost and Man of the People.

Back