Loreena McKennitt - The Visit - 5.1 and Atmos BluRay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like what... $47.91 US then?

-EDIT *Looks like total to me out in CA. is USD $60.85 with shipping and taxes via PayPal.

USD $49.95
Shipping and Handling + $6.53
Taxes + $4.37

Totals $60.85
Wow! NY is less taxed than CA. Only $3.96 in taxes.

I have dreamed of hearing LM in surround. The Mask and the Mirror will hit 30, in '24. Let's hope this sells well and a deluxe version of of Mask is made.

Too pricey, yet I'm in!

I'm a mega-fan. Complete on her. Caught her live at Chicago Theatre and later at Civic Opera House. She introduced her band as "idling Porsches," due to their instrumental prowess far beyond simply accompanying her. Likely the first time I heard a hurdy-gurdy played live.

We had some great mezzanine tickets at the Civic Opera House in Chicago. I got a phone call from them: "If you give those up for a handicapped person, we'll upgrade you to main floor 6th row." Sure, I'd have done it w/o upgrade. We also got a pre-release Alhambra from her:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/loreena-mckennitt-nights-from-the-alhambra-dvd-+-2-1

It's wonderful that Loreena Mckennitt's The Visit is being released in 5.1 and atmos - her music is always impeccably performed, recorded and produced so any title would be welcome. All her CD's sound terrific so it will be fascinating to hear the mixing choices in surround - it could be stunning. Hopefully this will lead not only to more of her catalogue being remixed in surround, but other similar artists such as Dead Can Dance, Clannad, Enya etc. being done in atmos/surround as well. The only negative is that this release seems quite pricey for what's included. I haven't done any calculations, but it seems like most of the material on the 4 CD's (3 live performances, original recording remastered - not remixed, a headphone mix, and a couple of interviews) could have been included on a single blu-ray. I'm probably going to get this regardless, but not the greatest value for the money IMO.

I'm in the never heard of her camp. But when's that ever stop me?

LIFE IN SURROUND WITH Ms LOREENA McKENNITT .... AND GIMME THAT OLE SOFT SHOE!

R.6767f1e2df40f6ce68945957912df0b7

This One's For U, Hotstuff!

Last edited:
It's wonderful that Loreena Mckennitt's The Visit is being released in 5.1 and atmos - her music is always impeccably performed, recorded and produced so any title would be welcome. All her CD's sound terrific so it will be fascinating to hear the mixing choices in surround - it could be stunning. Hopefully this will lead not only to more of her catalogue being remixed in surround, but other similar artists such as Dead Can Dance, Clannad, Enya etc. being done in atmos/surround as well. The only negative is that this release seems quite pricey for what's included. I haven't done any calculations, but it seems like most of the material on the 4 CD's (3 live performances, original recording remastered - not remixed, a headphone mix, and a couple of interviews) could have been included on a single blu-ray. I'm probably going to get this regardless, but not the greatest value for the money IMO.
At least she is not making us pay for vinyl as well in order to get the blu-ray (my pet peeve!) 🤑

Wow - thank you for posting!
I worked her records at Warner Bros Records as a Promotion and Marketing Mgr. She is a fabulous musician and lovely person.
Even have a double Gold album plaque for this and “The Mask and The Mirror” - which had the surprise hit “The Mummers Dance”
I never would have expected this to be released in surround - but it should be fabulous if done right.
Can’t wait!!!
Oops!
Just realized that “The Mummer’s Dance” was actually on her Lp “The Book of Secrets”, not “The Mask and The Mirror”
My memory of those days is a little hazy 😵‍💫

I've had The Book of Secrets for a long time including the CD single of The Mummer's Dance with the livelier "dance" version (whatever it was called; probably just "single" version), which sounds pretty awesome (I'd like to hear the 5.1 version). It's a pretty good album. I've never heard The Visit, before, though. The Atmos is tempting, even though I DESPISE these "deluxe box set" releases everywhere that charge 2x-4x what a single album should cost when most of the time I have no interest in things like the 'Basement Prototype Spiderweb Mix" version of Talula's Hobnob Fever album. How about just the album in Atmos? Sheesh. :D

As for Dead Can Dance, the ONLY song I liked on Into The Labyrinth (ok LOVED) was The Carnival Is Over. The rest of that album did absolutely zero for me stylistically and I hate the way the song blends into the next track that I don't like. I actually made an edited fade-out version for mobile/car use because of that.

So... the release date is listed as 9/24, but that link above to the Merch Desk says it's IN STOCK now. What gives? Everywhere else says 9/24. Ok, I see it says "for preorder" but availability shouldn't say "In Stock" if it's not available, IMO.

For US buyers, Amazon has it for pre-order with Prime delivery for $49.98 at the moment.

Last edited:
FYI - I just pre-ordered from Importcds for $32.34 (total cost including tax and shipping was $37.60) - this is the lowest price I've seen and is far more reasonable for the package, especially if you are only interested in the high resolution surround mixes. A big plus is the format which appears to be similar to the booksets from JT and Marillion - no vinyl! Still a bit nervous without any reviews for the mixes but given the excellent sound quality of the previous CD's in her catalog I'm hopeful.

FYI - I just pre-ordered from Importcds for $32.34 (total cost including tax and shipping was $37.60) - this is the lowest price I've seen and is far more reasonable for the package, especially if you are only interested in the high resolution surround mixes. A big plus is the format which appears to be similar to the booksets from JT and Marillion - no vinyl! Still a bit nervous without any reviews for the mixes but given the excellent sound quality of the previous CD's in her catalog I'm hopeful.

Thanks. Pre-ordered.

Thanks for this info.
I canceled my previous pre-order from ' Loreena McKennitt Shop' ($59.31) & went with importCDs.

Last edited:
There is a lot of music that I would never reach for in two channel but enjoy in surround sound. Loreena McKennitt definitely falls within that realm.

I'll wait for the ATMOS reviews before buying. It could be really really good if the mix is really good.

Wow, just canceled my order at the Loreena McKennitt website and will be reordering from ImportCD ...... a $23.61 savings. NOT insignificant!

Thanks for the heads~up, srbjab.

Back