Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much enjoying the album and the surround mix. And it led to wonder about something we are unlikely to ever know: would SW have a surround mix preference? I suspect, while he has committed himself now to producing Atmos mixes, his heart will remain with 5.1, and that would be the mix he would prefer here, on this album. :)

From what I gathered speaking with Steven, he has completely embraced Atmos. :)

If anyone is willing to part with their copy for a reasonable price, I'm absolutely in love with this album. Need to hear it in my electrostatic 5.1 setup asap.

Voting "10" despite the lack of stereo and the extremely limited run (lots of sad friends).
Life in Surround review:

I likewise gave it a 10, Mike and glad you did your 'homework' by comparing it with the ATMOS streaming vs the Physical disc and even included your assessment of the DTS~HD MA 5.1 codec.

Ingratiating that TfF continues to be relevant in 2022 with mature lyrics, catchy tunes and has enlisted Steve Wilson to do their stunning surround remixes.

Having seen them live a few years ago, they continue to DAZZLE and the fact the initial run of 2000 BD~As sold out in a matter of hours, Concord Records would be remiss if they didn't order a repress for sale to the general public.

EVERYONE deserves to hear this disc!

With so many copies on eBay from the UK, I wonder if the manufacturer might have run off some extras? Seems odd that so many people are selling sealed copies over there. Such a shame that real fans got shut out and the profit takers didn't

With so many copies on eBay from the UK, I wonder if the manufacturer might have run off some extras? Seems odd that so many people are selling sealed copies over there. Such a shame that real fans got shut out and the profit takers didn't

that was my earlier question, how could so many people have ordered many multiples and not have their ordered cancelled like Paul said would happen?

almost seems like some sort of weird inside job here but I can't figure it out

Last edited:
Paul/SDE would do better to announce a release and have a window of 2 weeks (?) to have people sign up and pay for the release and make it a nice rounded number after that. This way people have the opportunity to buy without F5ing SDE and profiteers have less incentive to sign up in the first place.

From what I gathered speaking with Steven, he has completely embraced Atmos. :)

Yes, I think that's very clear. And I am certainly glad he has! The thoughts I was sharing were more of an intangible, abstract nature related to where his 'mixing heart' might lie. 🙃

I have one tipping point blu ray copy that i am willing to trade for two titles i am looking for: jethtro tull 40th anniversary editions: War Child or Minstrel in the gallery.

Very much enjoying the album and the surround mix. And it led to wonder about something we are unlikely to ever know: would SW have a surround mix preference? I suspect, while he has committed himself now to producing Atmos mixes, his heart will remain with 5.1, and that would be the mix he would prefer here, on this album. :)
From interviews, it sounds like his current preference is Atmos. He learned surround in 5.1 so that is his basis for creating his Atmos mixes. From what he says the 5.1 bed works fine, but should really be a 7.1 bed.

IT would be great if somehow the IAA guys could get this title licensed for official 5.1 download sales. Not only would it give everyone who missed out on the disc a chance to get the 5.1 mix, it would be a huge feather in the cap of IAA and maybe lead to more high profile availability for them.

If HDTracks and others don't care about surround, it's what IAA is there for!

https://www.valueyourmusic.com/most-valuable/blu-ray/last-week

IT would be great if somehow the IAA guys could get this title licensed for official 5.1 download sales. Not only would it give everyone who missed out on the disc a chance to get the 5.1 mix, it would be a huge feather in the cap of IAA and maybe lead to more high profile availability for them.

Love that idea, match made in heaven.

Finally got mine in late today. 😌
Maybe because my last name starts with P... they went by last name mailing order!
This took so long to receive, I may not only keep the packing label, perhaps even the rip cord opener 😄

Could not agree more, except to add that it should/must include the lossless Atmos mix as .mkv in the same way the A Bad Think 'Lifelike' release was done.

This is yet another way for IAA to lead the industry with lossless Atmos downloads. Nobody else in the world is doing that at the moment.

Last edited:
We were expecting news on the glitch orders this week and some of the CD SDEs were actually shipped on Tuesday IIRC.
Sadly, seems like it's another week without progress on the glitch blurays- they were still shipping day 1 orders as late as Wednesday and last news from Anne was to wait till they finish that first.

Got in touch with SDE via email today. Obviously they are still not finished with the shipping of the original Blu-ray orders. There's a small chance that some of the "glitch orders" will be fulfilled if there is remaining stock. I was offered either an immediate refund or to wait another week. I am taking my chances and will wait.

Got in touch with SDE via email today. Obviously they are still not finished with the shipping of the original Blu-ray orders. There's a small chance that some of the "glitch orders" will be fulfilled if there is remaining stock. I was offered either an immediate refund or to wait another week. I am taking my chances and will wait.

How long did it take them to respond to you? I emailed them four days ago regarding my missing package; they have yet to respond to me.

Back