Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question to those who use Auddysey MutiEQ with DynEQ enabled: What reference level do you use with Atmos Music? I haven't found any piece of information regarding this on the internet yet. Maybe someone knows what level is used for mixing music and can explain it to me. Thanks beforehand!
For Reference Level Offset?

It depends on the music and it doesn’t matter what type of surround sound, or Codec. The recommended setting for music, depending on the type or how much low end you like, is +10dB to +15dB. I use +15dB. The music I have lacking on the low end, I find myself boosting it anywhere between +10dB to 0dB. Though, if you’re looking for a set it and forget it, go with +10dB.

For movies, the recommended setting is 0dB. But, again, this can be adjusted to taste.

The music I have lacking on the low end, I find myself boosting it anywhere between +10dB to 0dB. Though, if you’re looking for a set it and forget it, go with +10dB.
I've always kept DEQ off or just left it at default 0.
With the lack of (- negative) numbers in the settings I'm a bit confused.
Which setting, 0 or 10, will boost the bass the most at low levels?

Not seeing any mentions of this one so far:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/caprisongs/1603753230
Really good--both music and mix. I don't know her previous albums (though I will soon, as they're on Bandcamp), but I gather this one's a slight departure, if only because it's conceptualized as a "mixtape" with many different guests, producers, and styles.

I've always kept DEQ off or just left it at default 0.
With the lack of (- negative) numbers in the settings I'm a bit confused.
Which setting, 0 or 10, will boost the bass the most at low levels?
Hi Sal!

I agree it can be confusing. The setting with the most low end would be 0 but that is overwhelming for some people depending on their setup. Here’s a good explanation on Dynamic EQ from the Denon manual on Audyssey XT32.

262AE181-8AE3-41F2-836C-08F72CE2B4D7.png

Back