Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember getting that box set years ago and regretting it (didn't do my research.) There were a number of APP albums I didn't have and wanted to check out. This one has some of the lowest DR numbers out there for APP stuff; not the worst numbers overall, but still, so many other/better options IMO. I'd recommend keeping your distance on this one folks.

Here's an example from the dr database (if you're into that sort of thing)-

https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/1/dr-min/desc?artist=The Alan Parsons Project&album=TURN

I remember getting that box set years ago and regretting it (didn't do my research.) There were a number of APP albums I didn't have and wanted to check out. This one has some of the lowest DR numbers out there for APP stuff; not the worst numbers overall, but still, so many other/better options IMO. I'd recommend keeping your distance on this one folks.

Here's an example from the dr database (if you're into that sort of thing)-

https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/1/dr-min/desc?artist=The Alan Parsons Project&album=TURN
It's just the 2007/2008 remasters without the bonus tracks (and in the case of Tales, without the original mix :rolleyes:). But of course the only place to legally get The Sicilian Defence (which really should be included in a deluxe edition of Eve if that ever happens).

Why though? It's been said that either this or I Robot would be next.
I have no doubt that we will eventually get both albums in 5.1. It just seems to me that this particular video does not portend Turn in 5.1. I think it's more likely to be a vinyl edition of the same box set.

I must admit I find this frustrating. They posted on Facebook TOAFC to be released Spring of 2022. Fall is a approaching and we get this instead.
"And they think it will make their lives easier
For God knows up till now it's been hard"

Back