Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, another total pass on these titles. Not my preference. DV can do better. Where are the Paul Simon Quad mixes?
Brand new material is released for the first time on digital - not even that esoteric - and all you can say is "what about what I want?" What a waste.

Paul Simon has repeatedly rejected surround reissues, and clearly has a personal antipathy for the medium. Even besides that, it's just a random threadjacking.

This is some of DV's most mainstream stuff - awesome to see them getting their hands on it. Will order all three in my next batch, probably after another classical slate.

Thank you Adam Ill listen to some of Mr Davis music and give it a chance you never know
quad has a way of making me appreciate new music but still I listen to music not mixes. I dont want to have a collection of demonstration records......

Thank you Adam Ill listen to some of Mr Davis music and give it a chance you never know
quad has a way of making me appreciate new music but still I listen to music not mixes. I dont want to have a collection of demonstration records......
you're so right of course! 😍
its no good the discs just sitting there gathering dust if you don't enjoy the music 🤗

I totally get it and I have no issues with anyone taking a pass on any DV releases. It is, after all, up to each individual how they choose to spend whatever amount of discretionary income that they are fortunate to have. Speaking just for myself however, I can afford to purchase Mr. Dutton’s incredibly reasonably priced releases that come packaged as all value and no fluff. I also want to encourage him to continue to release quad albums that have sat in the vaults for far too long. Put another way, if he doesn’t do it, who will?

HOW COULD I NOT ORDER ALL 8 [in total] QUAD SACDs from The WIZARD of WATFORD at these literal give~a~way prices. And I even added a 4th RBCD two~fer from London's Phase IV catalogue for £0.99 to adhere to GOS' LAW.

With Priority s/h [14.00] the entire order came to US $74.44 .........for a total of 8 QUAD SACDs and the equivalent of 2 Stereo RBCDs ...... WOWZA!

And thanks to Adam's [fredblue] enthusiastic mini reviews of ALL the albums ........a TRUE QUADDY worthy of the status
HONORARY D~V ELF ...in waiting!

Last edited:
Great, another total pass on these titles. Not my preference. DV can do better. Where are the Paul Simon Quad mixes?
Bill, you might want to take a shot at some of the DV quads for which you have no interest. Like me, you might find these titles much more appealing in high quality surround sound than you would imagine. Besides, they are spectacular value for the money.

I'm so freaking proud, that DV is offering my hometown boys in Quad. REO being a Champaign/Urbana, Illinois native band....well, you know. Can't wait to see that disc on my shelf! What a treat... :)
Ya see, Gene, GOOD THINGS DO COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

IMO, although not all may agree, D~V's November 8 QUAD/1 STEREO SACD releases are an 'embarrasment of riches' at a time when we all feared D~V was nearing the end of its phenomenol QUAD release program.

In just a few short months, Michael J. Dutton and Company have liberated 17 analogue QUAD masters from their respective RCA/Columbia Vaults.

The 70's LIVE yet again ... maybe it's time to dig my suede bell bottoms and Brazilian platform shoes out of mothballs!

Last edited:
R.b2989810796fde4bc3a71c5d4d196576

Talk about being hit by a MAC Truck ... and loving it!

Not totally blown away by D-V’s recent batches, but happy to contribute and order the REO and Nugent.

For those bummed that Free For All is the only Nugent in quad, ask yourself where else you can buy a hires quad release of a classic 70s hard rock album for under $15USD? The answer? Nowhere.

Back