Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should probably add that both titles are available Aš standalone BD-As with Atmos and Auro-3D mixes.
Oh and here's one release from the same label:
I've bought just about everything Stefan and his gang at IAN have done. Their use of immersive (I listen to their native Auro-3D if MKVs, and Atmos if lazy and just streaming) is next level IMHO. I haven't bought this one, but after a couple ATV4K listens I will. :)

Surprise of the day:
I remember buying Surfing With The Alien when it first came out. Steve Vai had been talking about Joe for a while and told people to be prepared for this one. (I don’t think I had bought his prior album yet, but Not Of This Earth is really good, too.)

I know it’s an oft-used expression, “my jaw dropped”, but this was one of those albums that caused it to happen for me. Such a great album.

I remember buying Surfing With The Alien when it first came out. Steve Vai had been talking about Joe for a while and told people to be prepared for this one. (I don’t think I had bought his prior album yet, but Not Of This Earth is really good, too.)

I know it’s an oft-used expression, “my jaw dropped”, but this was one of those albums that caused it to happen for me. Such a great album.
Agreed. And I've only listened to Satch Boogie so far, but the mix sounds awesome.

The new mix is impressive!

Agreed. And I've only listened to Satch Boogie so far, but the mix sounds awesome.
The new mix is impressive!
Won’t be able to listen until later today, but is this where we start hoping IAA releases this if a physical media release isn’t in the works?

After getting the Mr. Big album I think, perhaps unrealistically, that there are more opportunities for 80s/90s rock to get Atmos downloads.

Won’t be able to listen until later today, but is this where we start hoping IAA releases this if a physical media release isn’t in the works?

After getting the Mr. Big album I think, perhaps unrealistically, that there are more opportunities for 80s/90s rock to get Atmos downloads.
Sorry but I don't get all caught up in that thing, especially on this thread. It sounds great NOW. If I can get the quality bumped up in the future a few more notches, great, but that is the last thing on my mind TODAY. I am listening to the decoded 360 mix in 4.0.4, bumped down 4db in all eight channels by the way.

Finished listening to the Joe Satriani, good music with good fidelity, but the Atmos mix is a little weak in the heights. The later tracks are better. Now listening to Iggy, and it's a crazy mix with the heights in the reds much of the time. Really fun to listen to.:love:
Something isn't right between the two Raw Power mixes on Tidal. Both the Iggy and Bowie versions are identical? Maybe one got messed up, and the same mix was added twice? The only difference is the Artwork.

Good news is, the DR #'s are 13!!! for just the bed audio. The mix is really good like you mentioned!

Great day today with the Satriani and Iggy! Two grand slams!

Back