Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230317_133601.jpg

Mine too. Doesn't mention 5.1 on the back....

One of mine is in customs at NY, the other is unknown, hasn't been scanned in the US yet since Royal Mail said it left UK. Hopefully it'll show up soon.

Is the quad mix really the same as the SQ LP and the DVD (corrected channels of course)?

Mine was set to leave the UK yesterday....

Hey @marpow,

any recommendations on Ten Years After CDs?
We used to have Cricklewood Green and Shhh records in the house. Any preferred CD issues or bonus tracks worth getting?
This is a group I always liked but missed collecting.....

Mine was set to leave the UK yesterday....

Hey @marpow,

any recommendations on Ten Years After CDs?
We used to have Cricklewood Green and Shhh records in the house. Any preferred CD issues or bonus tracks worth getting?
This is a group I always liked but missed collecting.....
My favorite is Stonedhenge, the first two are live, but Stonedhenge really get the studio going with the sound effects. Watt is great. I saw TYA at Winterland during the Cricklewood Green tour.
A top 10 album in the world of Live albums is the double album Recorded Live, stunning. Don't forget Woodstock with Goin'Home, definately the best song of the Woodstock album, well Soul Sacrifice with Santana is pretty dang good.

Thanks @marpow appreciate the response.
Agree on Woodstock Goin' Home is the highlight for me.

Since there have been a few CD issues any preferences? Usually early CDs are not brickwalled so sound better if the non lp mastered tapes were used. On the other hand newer issues sometimes have bonus tracks and better tape sources.....

Thanks @marpow appreciate the response.
Agree on Woodstock Goin' Home is the highlight for me.

Since there have been a few CD issues any preferences? Usually early CDs are not brickwalled so sound better if the non lp mastered tapes were used. On the other hand newer issues sometimes have bonus tracks and better tape sources.....
My last bunch was a boxset with mini LP's which had all including one unreleased., and before that a remastered series with added cuts, etc. I have all but don't have time right now to dig up links.
I know what you mean, the older 1990's CD's are what to get. Go to Amazon, click the drop down box and see if any older ones are for sale, sometimes more money sometimes less.

One of mine is in customs at NY, the other is unknown, hasn't been scanned in the US yet since Royal Mail said it left UK. Hopefully it'll show up soon.

Is the quad mix really the same as the SQ LP and the DVD (corrected channels of course)?
i haven't compared the Quad on the DVD-V with the Quad on the new BD but in its' own right the Quad on the BD sounds great to me and appears to have the Front and Back channels the right way around at least 🙂

edit: and its so long since i last played the SQ LP, gotta be 5 years at least, that i can't recall much about it other than i remember it decoding well at the time through the trusty Surround Master! great album and great Quad mix! 👍

Back