Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sony TV had an option to shut off the screen while not
shutting the whole TV off.. If I'm going to listen to music intently it
must be in the dark. I never was any good at multitasking.
I've watch others for years doing work on the computer, whether at
a paid for job or whatever, and have music rockin in the background.
That was something I never could do either, the music distracted my from my focus
on the work at hand on the screen.
I think it may be a generational thing, younger folk seem to have grown up
with the multitasking gene. LOL
I don't turn my TV off, but agree 100% on intently listening to music (else, why bother?). I don't even listen to music at work and I have 9 hours a day I could be, everyday.

I've watch others for years doing work on the computer, whether at
a paid for job or whatever, and have music rockin in the background.
That was something I never could do either, the music distracted my from my focus on the work at hand on the screen.
I listened to music at my desk jobs because the single distraction of the music was INFINITELY easier to deal with than the 500 different moronic screamversations about The Big Game or The New Baby or whatever else the alleged adults thought everyone else simply must have to listen to.

In a job where headphones were less practical because of constant--and even occasionally legitimate--interruptions I was stuck between two idiots who spent the entire day talking to each other over my head. My eventual tantrum got me an office.

Sorry for the PTSD flashback...so incredibly grateful to be retired now.

I listen with the tv off, can’t you do that?
No they are all connected in my system. turning one element (TV, BR reader, amp) turn the other on and the other way around. If I turn off my TV the amp and BR reader shut down.

No they are all connected in my system. turning one element (TV, BR reader, amp) turn the other on and the other way around. If I turn off my TV the amp and BR reader shut down.
There should be ways to disable that feature if you want to.
I've done so with my TV and Denon AVR

I don't turn my TV off, but agree 100% on intently listening to music (else, why bother?). I don't even listen to music at work and I have 9 hours a day I could be, everyday.
Same here. Plenty of time to do it but I just can't focus on the music properly while doing even the most minimalistic work task.

Frustrating it’s not yet on Apple Music, unlike most of the previous SDE releases. Or did I miss it?

The screen is too white. OK I can shutoff the TV, and the music still goes to the AVR. Same with TFB.

BUT...

When I want to change some sound options ( typically adjust the level of some speakers) the OSD of my Denon is ... White..... And I don't see almost anything with that white background :mad:
And sound Options Levels have so many speakers... when in Atmos, that I cannot find the right one.

The liner notes comments from Steven Wilson says about that he didn't want to include his stereo mix work in progress for Atmos, but during the pre-order there were some people asking for it.

Let's ask for future Steven Wilson Blu-ray authoring design to avoid such bright white backgrounds. No need of animated backgroud. But just turning into black, with just the Track name, after ten seconds of song start, would be ideal.

When I want to change some sound options ( typically adjust the level of some speakers) the OSD of my Denon is ... White..... And I don't see almost anything with that white background :mad:
Is your Denon new enough to be network connected and controllable through their mobile app (iOS/Android)? That's my preferred method of changing settings during playback on my Marantz.

Is your Denon new enough to be network connected and controllable through their mobile app (iOS/Android)? That's my preferred method of changing settings during playback on my Marantz.
Yes. I can do that, but usually I do it with the remote, because sometimes the App takes long to connect.

My intention is to show one more reason why a white background is so bad.

Back