Robbie Robertson Passes away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a LOT of time between the cans with the Band during my high school daze. When i taught high school English, i often found a way to work Black Elk Speaks into the curriculum. Being a music lover, i played my students much of this album during our time with Black Elk, having them respond to the songs in their journals. Turned a LOT of scholars on to Robertson through this disc!
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 3.36.40 PM.png
Robbie Robertson & the Red Road Ensemble - Music for The Native Americans Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

Oh man, didn't see that coming.

The man that I used to start the

"Listening now to this stereo/mono CD" thread, April 6th 2019.​

My first love is, music that I enjoy, and only after that do I branch out into different formats stereo, multi channel and mono. I know this is true for everybody here. I am always interested in what you have to say and I have benefited greatly in others suggestion for new music in whatever format. We have many threads to show others what we are listening to and I thought a new thread on our beloved CD would be nice. I like reading what you have to say and of course seeing the album cover. A simple way of showing album cover: Open Amazon, find your album, right click, save image as, to your desktop, go to rectangle picture box left of happy face above, left click and insert image, your album picture. Hope you like.
I love this Robbie Robertson CD 16/44.1 stereo. I have the original CD and DR values are very high at mostly 14's with a 12 and 13.
This is the only disc I own by him, any others that you all like?

Oh man, didn't see that coming.

The man that I used to start the

"Listening now to this stereo/mono CD" thread, April 6th 2019.​

My first love is, music that I enjoy, and only after that do I branch out into different formats stereo, multi channel and mono. I know this is true for everybody here. I am always interested in what you have to say and I have benefited greatly in others suggestion for new music in whatever format. We have many threads to show others what we are listening to and I thought a new thread on our beloved CD would be nice. I like reading what you have to say and of course seeing the album cover. A simple way of showing album cover: Open Amazon, find your album, right click, save image as, to your desktop, go to rectangle picture box left of happy face above, left click and insert image, your album picture. Hope you like.
I love this Robbie Robertson CD 16/44.1 stereo. I have the original CD and DR values are very high at mostly 14's with a 12 and 13.
This is the only disc I own by him, any others that you all like?
Thanks for all you do, @marpow In addition to your choice, i recommend Storyville, Music for the Native Americans, and Testimony
https://www.allmusic.com/album/storyville-mw0000265044https://www.allmusic.com/album/music-for-the-native-americans-mw0000118845https://www.allmusic.com/album/testimony-mw0002984277

The man lived a truly remarkable life. As a teenager he was ripping up the club scene in Eastern Canada and got picked up by the barnstorming Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks and that’s just the beginning. A great story teller in song, he was also a great read - his autobiography “Testimony” is essential reading. RIP

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back