Steve Lawrence has died

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfle

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
R.I.P. Steve. You and Eydie certainly brought much musical joy to our world

Steve Lawrence - McCallum Theatre - Palm Desert, California

When FUNNY GIRL was being cast on Broadway, Eydie was approached to initiate the role of Fannie Brice but she would only accept under one condition ....that her husband Steve be cast as Nicky Arnstein.

Well, as we all know that didn't transpire and of course Barbra Streisand brilliantly inhabited the role ...and the rest is HISTORY!

Yeah, wow. I honestly didn't know he was still alive. His hit with Go Away Little Girl....of course Donny Osmond at the ripe age of 13, had a number 1 hit in 1971 with that song. What I didn't know is that Gerry Goffin & Carole King wrote that song in 1962! Yes, THAT Carole King.
Carole King and Gerry Goffin (her husband at the time) wrote a remarkable number of songs from the early 60s, including the Shirelles' "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" and a bunch more that I bet would surprise you.

Steve (and Eydie), thanks for a lot of really good music.

Carole King and Gerry Goffin (her husband at the time) wrote a remarkable number of songs from the early 60s, including the Shirelles' "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" and a bunch more that I bet would surprise you.

Steve (and Eydie), thanks for a lot of really good music.
Yeah, I had no idea that King had done anything like this before she became popular singing her own stuff.

Very sad when I think of all the times I saw them on various shows. RIP, Steve.

And here's Eydie, the greatest female singer ever, in my opinion. I'm sure Steve would be ecstatic about me posting this:

I know I posted this in the sixties thread but...well...you know...

Doug

Back