Robbie Robertson Passes away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Jaimie Robbie.
Blessed that he got the deluxe boxes of the four classic albums delivered to us.

55 years ago this week bought my first copy of Rolling Stone, Issue 16.
The Band on the cover, interviewed by Richard Goldstein on the release of Big Pink.

Still have it, now tucked away in the 50th anniversary box.

1691625363875.jpeg

1691625420777.jpeg

1691625451295.jpeg

1691625499171.jpeg

1691625555946.jpeg

1691625595382.jpeg

Sad to hear, a prolific songwriter for sure. I guess Garth is the only one left?

RIP

I had to laugh at that picture of them all trying to squeeze onto that bench: looks like Richard Manuel & Rick Danko got shortchanged on ass real estate?
He is 86 now and this past April made a public performance and played piano

I only recently watched the 2019 documentary film, Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band, for the very first time.
The bit that will stick with me was when Robbie explained that it was fashionable, back in The Band's heyday, to openly hate your parents. Furthermore, he clearly stated that the members of The Band loved their parents - and, obviously, they wanted people to know that.

Next of Kin - Danko Farm - Ontario, 1968

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 10.21.35 PM.png

Don't want to take this way off topic, but PLEASE get checked for prostate and any other cancers often. Skin cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic, whatever.

1 1/2 years ago, I lost a dear GF to cancer. Friend of 17 years. Her Husband vows to never marry again! Yet, he's carrying on and we're proud of him!! He's coming over to my home to do my hair next week. He closed their salon, but loves hanging out here. Can't figure out why! He is an accomplished guitarist and knows lots of Chicago musical Cats!! Met more than a few Cats at his & his wife's salon and parties. Met a few kitties, too!

2 1/2 years ago, I lost another GF to cancer. Her Husband died of a broken heart. Didn't know until I read her obit that she was listed in Who's Who! Not a surprise!! friends for 40 years and were on over a dozen vacations together!!

Lost my Mom to lymph cancer in '06. It had been in remission since '83!! really.

A couple years ago, I had lymph nodes removed for cancer (began as Melanoma). They believe it was caught in time.

3 months ago, I was told to get my tail end to the Dermatologist. Melanoma is back! This was by my PCP (GP) during my annual checkup. I went immediately. They were removed in Dermatologist's office. Fortunately, they were still pre-cancerous! come back in six months.

My misspent youth and adulthood was replete with 2 row boats, 3 power boats, swimming, fishing, rider mowers and full-size tractors. Also on my 2nd convertible! And I live a mile from the biggest inland body of water in Illinois.

In addition,there is a small lake 1/2 mi square in our subdivision. I'm not rich enough to live on the lake. It is a block away!! There are two beaches w/lifeguards open only to homeowners. I try to swim whenever I can. I have a small boat right now, with electric motor. Lake is catch and release and stocked each year!!

"Too much sun will burn. ...Paper Sun..."

This is worth going off topic for. I go to a dermatologist had basal cell cancer on side of nose successfully removed and precancerous stuff removed. I got lots of sun over the years.
Also did the screening everyone hates with no findings back in 5 years. Early detection means a high rate of cure

Don't want to take this way off topic, but PLEASE get checked for prostate and any other cancers often. Skin cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic, whatever.

1 1/2 years ago, I lost a dear GF to cancer. Friend of 17 years. Her Husband vows to never marry again! Yet, he's carrying on and we're proud of him!! He's coming over to my home to do my hair next week. He closed their salon, but loves hanging out here. Can't figure out why! He is an accomplished guitarist and know lots of Chicago musical cats!!

2 1/2 years ago, I lost another GF to cancer. Her Husband died of a broken heart. Didn't know until I read her obit that she was listed in Who's Who! Not a surprise!! friends for 40 years and were on over a dozen vacations together!!

Lost my Mom to lymph cancer in '06. It had been in remission since '83!! really.

A couple years ago, I had lymph nodes removed for cancer (began as Melanoma). They believe it was caught in time.

3 months ago, I was told to get my tail end to the Dermatologist. Melanoma is back! This was by my PCP (GP) during my annual checkup. I went immediately. They were removed in Dermatologist's office. Fortunately, they were still pre-cancerous! come back in six months.

My misspent youth and adulthood was replete with 2 row boats, 3 power boats, swimming, fishing, rider mowers and full-size tractors. Also on my 2nd convertible! And I live a mile from the biggest inland body of water in Illinois.

in addition,there is a small lake 1/2 mi square in our subdivision. I'm not rich enough to live on the lake. It is a block away!! there are two beaches w/lifeguards open only to homeowners. I try to swim whenever I can. I have a small boat right now, with electric motor. Lake is catch and release and stocked each year!!

"Too much sun will burn. ...Paper Sun..."
Random thread

Back