The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WFAS-FM in White Plains NY. Just outside Manhattan. Was fun because of the big record reps could listen to us in their offices in the Manhattan highrises. In fact, the rep from Arista gave us over 300 tickets to a Barry Manilow on Broadway show to give away. It was for a Sunday show over a holiday weekend and they couldn't fill it. So we had tons of fun giving them away in air. I even got to meet Barry.
That’s a great story 🙂
I did radio promotion for Warner Bros in NYC from late 80’s to mid 90’s, but was mainly focused on Top 40 , Rock & Alternative stations 📻

Over on SDE I asked Paul when we could expect the next title to be announced. He responded:

Soon hopefully. Quite nice, in a way, to ‘catch up’ because we had periods earlier in the year where people had 3 titles still on pre-order. I can tell you that if all goes according to plan it’s going to get busy again in the second half of this year!

Just had an SDE email arrive and an interesting snippet at the end :SG

1693777289184.png

"Swimming Pools (Drank)" (3:56; originally by Kendrick Lamar), with Tori Amos
"Steppin' Out" (4:25; originally by Joe Jackson), with Seal (vocals)
"Owner of a Lonely Heart" (3:43; originally by Yes), with Rick Astley (vocals)
"Slave to the Rhythm" (4:17; originally by Grace Jones), with Lady Blackbird
"Love is a Battlefield" (3:32; originally by Pat Benatar), with Marc Almond (vocals)
"Personal Jesus" (3:26; originally by Depeche Mode), with Iggy Pop and Phoebe Lunny
"Drive" (3:54; originally by The Cars), with Steve Hogarth
"Relax" (4:06; originally by Frankie Goes to Hollywood), with Toyah Willcox (vocals) and Robert Fripp (guitar)
"White Wedding" (4:34; originally by Billy Idol), Andrea Corr and Jack Lukeman
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (4:33; originally by Nirvana), with Jack Lukeman
"Avalon" (4:05; originally by Roxy Music), Horn on lead vocals

Owner of a lonely heart sung by Rick Astley!! I'm on the fence with this one at the moment....

You can preview the Atmos mix of Slave To The Rhythm. The mix and sonics sound really good... Would've loved to have had the original songs but maybe that'll happen one day anyway... (Relax, White Wedding and Love Is A Battlefield already done in Atmos.) Will order...
Tidal - https://tidal.com/track/316406625

Last edited:
Back