The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After listening to the trailer I'll be skipping this one. Compilation seems like more of a novelty - fun to listen to once but doubtful about the replay value of every track.

Covers album, to be clear. This is the same reason I didn't care about the Duran Duran release, either.
I feel the same way about cover albums. They always look good on paper ("Oh! I like this song, and this song, and this song...") but they never really appeal to me in reality once I get them home. When I listen to them, it just makes me want to put on the original version and listen to the real deal. So I've learned to avoid them. There are a few exceptions of course, but they are rare for me.

A covers album with multiple guest vocalists.
Almost guaranteed to be a play once and file release for me.
Thinking about it but strongly leaning towards skipping this one.

Another one I’m going to pass on. I was reading an article about this last night before seeing it’s part of the SDE series. Just based on that article it didn’t seem like one I’d play much beyond an initial listen. Then, hearing a sample this morning, it didn’t grab me at all.

However, I did start to dream a bit... would Trevor be interested in a surround mix for Made in Basing Street? How about Drama and 90125?

Actually... did I miss it... is Trevor the mixer for Atmos on this new one? I didn’t see a credit in the description. Kind of assumed it would be, but maybe not.

Another one I’m going to pass on. I was reading an article about this last night before seeing it’s part of the SDE series. Just based on that article it didn’t seem like one I’d play much beyond an initial listen. Then, hearing a sample this morning, it didn’t grab me at all.

However, I did start to dream a bit... would Trevor be interested in a surround mix for Made in Basing Street? How about Drama and 90125?

Actually... did I miss it... is Trevor the mixer for Atmos on this new one? I didn’t see a credit in the description. Kind of assumed it would be, but maybe not.
Tidal credits say Matthias Stalter for Immersive Mix Engineer. I wasn't blown away by Trevor's recent Atmos mix of the Seal debut. Would love to see 90125 done by SW but I've heard there was something/someone blocking it from happening in the past.

If this were the original songs remastered, I would be all over it. Not too sure how Iggy will sound singing Personal Jesus.
I'll probably bite, but I need to mull this over a bit.

I promised myself that I would support Paul in his welcome interest in releasing this series.

This one is part of that promise.

Well part 14 actually... :)

Ordered.
I haven't promised anything, so I buy what I like if it has a good Atmos mix. Listened to track up on Apple Music and it's a OK 7.1 mix but it ain't Atmos.;)

Back