The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your AVR indicate an Atmos signal when playing back the titles in question?
Yes it does, I sample them on AM but the mix should be the same? Blur was not good and the track up on AM from this coming release is not real Atmos. I always check against a Bruce Soord or SW mix to confirm my setup and they sound as intended from AM.

You must have a better setup than I, nothing in the heights here. The Bruce Soord solo album have my meters go to red. Well, money saved.
I doubt if I have a better set up. After your comments I triple checked the heights and they certainly were playing loud and clear. No meters here only the old lug holes. Interesting how we are getting different results.

I doubt if I have a better set up. After your comments I triple checked the heights and they certainly were playing loud and clear. No meters here only the old lug holes. Interesting how we are getting different results.
I keep saying that reactions to Atmos mixes are wildly all over the place, around here.
I think the further you get from mono that's bound to happen.
Impressions are so wildly different for Atmos that it is often mind-boggling, though.

Plenty of height action from my set up and the track 'slave to the rhythm' is a very good alternative to the original.
Exactly why I jumped on this. A Grace Jones cover in surround? OMG yes. <he says in a scared sub - speaker, keep your mind out of the gutter - voice>

Last edited:
I keep saying that reactions to Atmos mixes are wildly all over the place, around here.
I think the further you get from mono that's bound to happen.
Impressions are so wildly different for Atmos that it is often mind-boggling, though.
I wonder if the more speakers We have, the more the possibility of mind-boggling differences in impressions: i know i am really waiting to move to Atmos to ensure my speakers match and my placement is optimal given my space limitations.

Pre-ordered.

I like a good cover.

Something different.

Even more so when we are talking about a number of songs which are not otherwise available in surround. At least not available to me.

I definitely need to hear more samples because that STTR track did nothing for me. Are there more samples out there (I can’t find find any) because based on what I’ve heard so far it’s a pass

I was initially pretty excited about this, just seeing Trevor Horn and Atmos in the same sentence. However, hearing the promo, most tracks seem like shadows, or perhaps better, echoes of the originals. Example -the original Owner of a Lonely Heart was bold and jarring, the Ashley version seems simply watered down. I am going to hold off until I hear a few more tracks...

I don't understand either, after listening to this to me disappointing mix, I went straight to the new solo Bruce Soord and every speaker are active on that fantastic mix and music. :cool:

I don't understand either, after listening to this to me disappointing mix, I went straight to the new solo Bruce Soord and every speaker are active on that fantastic mix and music. :cool:
Intriguing isn't it. Not sure I was getting anything from the rears. As I concentrated on the heights. Yes, Bruce knows how to mix Atmos.
I'm sure a fellow QQ'r will chime in and put his or her take on it.

Like Mike said it is strange how there are wildly different opinions on folks reaction to some of these Atmos Mixes.

But it is an art and therefore our interpretations will vary from person to person in how the final Atmos release sounds.

I believe we mainly get the same results from our set ups and I know you are as particular about this, as me.

It's all good 👍

Back