Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually right now I'm not streaming anything on Tidal in Atmos. Starting about a week ago the app for my LG WebOS TV doesn't load. Just get the Tidal startup screen and then black screen. Tidal tech support is getting right on it, lolol. A known issue as I've seen plenty of Reddit posts about it. Anyone here using Tidal on LG app? Any problems?
Hi. I have two different LG TVs both with the Tidal app. The oldest one (I'm guessing it is 3 years old) has the issue you are describing. The LG OS version is 04.50.52. It seems to be the newest available for that generation of LG TVs. The other LG TV is slightly newer. The menus look a little different. On this one Tidal is working OK.

Hi. I have two different LG TVs both with the Tidal app. The oldest one (I'm guessing it is 3 years old) has the issue you are describing. The LG OS version is 04.50.52. It seems to be the newest available for that generation of LG TVs. The other LG TV is slightly newer. The menus look a little different. On this one Tidal is working OK.
Thanks for the feedback. My C9 is 4 years old running WebOS 05.30.40. So what could they have possibly done to kill the app on older TVs?

Thanks for the feedback. My C9 is 4 years old running WebOS 05.30.40. So what could they have possibly done to kill the app on older TVs?
If there's a way to uninstall the app I'd try that and then download it again.

Britney Spears - In The Zone should be available in Atmos on Apple Music in some countries now and in the USA on Friday. The album is up on Tidal, but in 360RA.
Yeah I see it on Apple Music in Atmos now...
It's nowhere near as good as the Chris Haynes 5.1 DVD-Audio mix in my view. The first track has Britney and Madonna sound like they're singing in some vast concert hall?! Quite a hollow sound... Toxic has those electric strings in the fronts in Atmos, whereas in the old 5.1 they are in the rears and sound miles better for it. I'm not sure if the Tidal / Amazon Music 360 versions are in fact that older 5.1 mix? (for the moment).

Ah well at least they tried with a discrete mix but they should research if there are older mixes before undertaking a new one... Although saying that there was also another 5.1 mix which was a bit of a dud...

Maybe this is why Britney vowed never to return to the music industry this week?! :D

Last edited:
Liam Gallagher and John Squire. Full album coming later this year:
Bloody hell, this sounds like it's been made by AI! 😂 As if someone has put Oasis and Stone Roses into ChatGBT and this is the result. The guitar verse hook is quite good, but not sure if Liam singing the colours of the rainbow is going to merit an Ivor Novello award? Seriously?! 🙄 Fidelity sounds shit as is much of the mix. Come on man, you can do better than this. Hopefully the album is better...

Just noticed "A Charlie Brown Christmas" got upmixed. It's not a very impressive job, but it's A Charlie Brown Christmas for God's sakes.

I wanted to dance like Snoopy when Linus and Lucy came on. And the Vince Guaraldi Trio are legit

Attachments

• Charlie Brown Christmas.jpeg
    Charlie Brown Christmas.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
Back