Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3076.jpeg

Fourplay FOURPLAY [Evosound DSD remastered edition from the original master tapes/Multi~CH 5.1 SACD] A brilliant remaster from Hong Kong's evosound from the original 1991 Warner Brother masters. Featuring Bob James on keyboards, Lee Ritenour, Guitars, Nathan East, bass and Harvey Mason on Drums. Excellent discrete remix. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

Primary

Alanis Morissette: Jagged Little Pill. SDE Blu ray Atmos, buy I'm listening in 5.1
This has always been one of my favorite albums. Never imagined I'd ever hear it in Surround. Sounds great. 🥃 🥃
IMO, Mike, RHINO/WARNER did an exceptional ATMOS remix on this non Jagged little GEM! Instrumentation is swirling all around the soundfield and Alanis' vocals [although, IMO, a bit shrill] are front and center. Haven't played the original in ages but I must admit ... absolutely NO filler and brilliant songwriting skills from Ms Morisette!

Last edited:
Fourplay FOURPLAY [Evosound DSD remastered edition from the original master tapes/Multi~CH 5.1 SACD] A brilliant remaster from Hong Kong's evosound from the original 1991 Warner Brother masters. Featuring Bob James on keyboards, Lee Ritenour, Guitars, Nathan East, bass and Harvey Mason on Drums. Excellent discrete remix. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

Primary
do you also happen to have ye olde WEA DVD-Audio of Fourplay, Ralphie? 👀

just curious if the 30th Ann'y SACD shares the same 5.1 mix and mastering as that DVD-A is all 😄✌️

do you also happen to have ye olde WEA DVD-Audio of Fourplay, Ralphie? 👀

just curious if the 30th Ann'y SACD shares the same 5.1 mix and mastering as that DVD-A is all 😄✌️
I have both, but haven't compared them. It's definitely the same 5.1 mix, though.
JJ is correct Adam. Same exact 5.1 remix and both sound truly exceptional!

BTW, love the group title FOURPLAY! But it IS a group of 4 Jazz superstars playing, after all!
i always found it rather deliciously risqué and kinda tacky all at the same time :devilish: 🤤

didn't think too much of the multich mix on the DVD-A back in the day, even though it was purportedly by Don "Ship Ahoy" Murray.. 🤔

Back