Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..it looks like these all come with a hard cover book of photos.
Ow, I don't like that. I don't care for the limited aspect if it too. But I like to hear that DVD-A... so there you go. I would feel cheated if there will be a CD/DVD-A version next year, without the photo book.

I ordered mine! This was based on the chill bumps from the MySpace preview medley. It's going to be so great....

Perhaps a CD/DVD-A issue will appear later, but this will still be a collectable investment. Heck I'd buy three copies if I could.

Ordered !
I must say , though , 18 euros to Ireland ( only 40 miles beyond Manchester ) seems a bit steep ! Still he's the only one in the whole industry with enough pride to do things this way ( ie. properly ) so , yeah , get here soon !

~M~

Appears overpriced (mainly because the book seems of little interest, sight unseen) but I almost feel like I have to support the only one putting out material the way the media was meant to be enjoyed. I too will be disappointed if the DVD-A appears later in a trimmed down, lower priced offering. I ordered the package but hope the book gets more then the initial thumb through. I know the DVD-A will be enjoyed over and over again so I guess I'll get over the price eventually. Heck, maybe later I'll be very thankful that I'm one of the first 3,000 that stepped up to the plate.

I went ahead and ordered my copy. $117 AUD including shipping. Easily the most expensive album I've purchased. This costs more than I payed for the Doors Perception box set. Oh well, I've payed for it now, I should just put the cost out of my mind and start looking forward to listening to it.

Okay, between this and a reminder about the Black Sabbath SACD, this board has cost me over 100 bucks today. Denial and surround sound are good distractions in the face of stock market volatility. (y)

I went ahead and ordered my copy. $117 AUD including shipping. Easily the most expensive album I've purchased. This costs more than I payed for the Doors Perception box set. Oh well, I've payed for it now, I should just put the cost out of my mind and start looking forward to listening to it.

Same here, the only thing more expensive was the Dead Can Dance SACD set - and the way the $AUD is heading it could be even worse by the time it ships;) but I just couldn't resist. I just know that they'll release a standard DVD-A version later but I couldn't take the chance - lucky it's tax return time!!

Now about that Paranoid SACD

Cheers

Martin

Wow thats expensive in a credit crunch kind of way and i have the cheapest postage.

Stll Steve Wilson now has my credit card number so he can keep on making DVDAs.

$76 delivered to the US?:eek: Now that my 401K is a 201K, I think I'll have to pass.:(

Believe it or not, it's over 84$ delivered to France... which is much closer to GB than the USA...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Still, I need this one, and will order it!:D

Sorry Steven. Appreciate the effort, but ain't paying that much right now. :eek:

I'm with you. I would only look at the book once I am sure and that is likely the major cost here for the production and the postage. I can only look at so many pictures of decapitated dolls. The Blu-Ray discs are looking really cheap now.

Cai,

You said it better than I could!

Steve Wilson, for all of his efforts, deserves our solid support.
My order is in, price be damned. :smokin

I'm sure the bulk of the price is for the hardback book. The website doesn't give much information on the size of the book, but the same book is included for both the CD/DVD-A and 10" vinyl editions, so we can safely assume that the book is at least 10" square. Based on the shipping charge I would assume the book is quite heavy as well. Perhaps a "standard" version will be released after the initial "deluxe" promotion ends? The text of the description hints that this is likely: "The album will not be made available again in this deluxe form."

Ouch! Well, this will be the first SW surround project that I'll skip. I'll hold my hope out for a standard 'common man' version next year.

Believe me this will be worth it.
It really doesn't matter if there is ever a separate CD/DVD release at a later date either (and AFAIK this is not going to happen, although things can & do change) as this set will be so well worthwhile.
The imagery is stunning & disturbing at the same time and the 120 page book is a very nice touch indeed. When you consider the production costs - not to mention how much cash you'd normally have to plonk down for a book of photographs like this on it's own - and think about what you're getting it is great VFM.
2 CD - the main album on one & additional tracks on another totalling almost 75 minutes of music.
the DVDA, with 24-bit stereo, DTS 5.1 & MLP 5.1/2.0 and an 18 minute extract from next years film "Insurgentes".

It's worth it just to see those iPods getting killed......

Back