Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Figured I'd bring this myspace blog to your attention:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38472624&blogID=439662463

A lot of people are asking what will be included in the regular retail CD edition of Insurgentes, and the truth is that no decision has been made on this yet (so by all means voice your opinions). Of course the album, and possibly some of the bonus material too, but certainly not all. Though we will try to make the standard CD version of the album as beautifully packaged as we can (given the restrictions of keeping it affordable), the deluxe versions are the definitive editions of Insurgentes. Music is Art and it should be presented as such, not as a set of compressed computer files or a basic disc in a disposable crystal case. It's this way of thinking that forms one of the main themes running through Lasse Hoile's film "Insurgentes", which is why you will see SW destroying so many iPods in the movie!

I already added my 2 cents about a DVD-A. You should also contribute if you are interested!

During a time where there are tons of drivel out there for purchase, I will choose to support the artists that make good music. Steven Wilson is one of the very few...

Not entirely related to "Insurgentes" (but not totally unrelated either!) - looks like we can look forward to a couple more solo albums:
SW has made an agreement with Kscope in the UK for the international release of 3 solo albums over the next few years, starting with the retail version of Insurgentes on 10th February 09.

Excellent news! I should have had faith. I admit I didn't and I am very sorry.
Thank you, Steve, for listening to us poor chaps who couldn't afford the special edition. Now I just hope the retail edition is going to cost more than the special edition. Oops did it again! ;)

Greg

I got an email from Burning Shed saying they are starting to ship the deluxe packages today - outside europe first, then europe, then the UK...so that everyone receives them close to the same time.

I got an email from Burning Shed saying ..
We are starting to ship the CD/DVDA edition of Insurgentes today. We will ship to countries outside of Europe first, then Europe and then the UK so that all copies arrive at roughly the same time - we expect this to be around 26th November. Please allow a further two weeks from that date before contacting us.
Ge Someone

I got my "shipped" notice from Burning Shed! I really hope it arrives by next Tuesday as I'll be away for a week after that, but I'd be surprised if I got it that quickly.

Yes, thanks for posting this Dylan. I would have liked to have bought the limited edition but with extra shipping cost(which is understandable) and taxes I would have been dinged with would have made this a bit to expensive for me.
I'm glad that we will be able to get this in Feb.
For those that will be getting the limited look forward to reading your reviews.

peter

From the Insurgentes website:
the retail edition on KScope is now confirmed to be a double disc set, with a stereo CD and a surround sound DVDA
Hmm, I feel somewhat cheated. If I was sure (at the time) a retail version would come available with the DVD-A, I would never have ordered the photobook, that I do not really want and just takes up too much space.

Just got notice mine shipped today to Canada. Based on the email yesterday they are attempting to get product around the world to arrive around the same date - Nov. 26.
Can't wait!

Hmm, I feel somewhat cheated. If I was sure (at the time) a retail version would come available with the DVD-A, I would never have ordered the photobook, that I do not really want and just takes up too much space.

Put it on eBay, SW collectors are a little nuts and you might make a profit. Make sure you put 'out of print' and 'limited edition' (with number made) in your description, people will NEED it.

I'll take it off your hands right now. PM me.

Back