Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO Everyone who has a valid complaint should write to Burning Shed about it.

Mine hasn't arrived as yet, I could be joining up if mine suffer's the same fate.

The first thing I did was e-mail Burning Shed. I'm still waiting on a response. It doesn't surprise me that others have the same issue and I would certainly encourage anyone with a damaged Insurgentes book to contact Burning Shed immediately. The packaging on this thing is woefully inadequate.

Perhaps the damage did occur prior to individual shipping. Perhaps it was damaged when shipped from the publisher. If that's the case, then shame, shame, shame on Burning Shed for knowinginly shipping damaged product. If that is the case, it is beyond inexcusable.

Whatever the case, I expect Burning Shed to make good on this or they're going to lose me as a customer. I've purchased many items from them in the past but I won't put up with this kind of nonsense, especially on something that cost this much.

IMHO, each of you guys spent a lot of money for this limited edition and there is no excuse for receiving anything less than a PERFECT copy!

Good luck, be persistent, and hopefully you will have a favorable outcome.
Josh

My reply from Burning Shed:

I'm very sorry it has arrived damaged.

We had mailers specially made to avoid this type of situation (and have had many emails saying how copies have arrived in pristine condition) so I think you have been very unlucky.

We are happy to replace it if you can send us a couple of photos by email to help our claim against the Royal Mail for the damage.

Mine arrived today in Australia - on a Sunday no less, not sure why? Sturdily packaged and no sign of damage at first glance. :banana::banana:

I'll have to wait till later to play the discs and examine the book as I'm cooking a lamb roast and keeping the kids at bay :rolleyes: but it's a perfect end to the year and an early Xmas present for me!!!!

Cheers

Martin

with all my previous dealings with Burning shed I have to say they have been nothing less than professional. I had a disc 'dissappear' in transit Burning Shed replaced with one phone call much better response than the Royal mail who fobbed me off with a 'are you sure the posted it?'.

They are run for the sake of their customers both us and the artists.

Well, I've just e-mailed Burning Shed together with pics of my damaged item:

So did I. Your corner looks worse than mine, but I have an additional dent at the lower front edge...

Attachments

• Book_.JPG
    Book_.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Corner4_.JPG
    Corner4_.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Edge1_.JPG
    Edge1_.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Edge2_.JPG
    Edge2_.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 222
A re-post with attachments instead of pictures (they wouldn't appear for some reason)...

Attachments

• IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 206
Okay, here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 194
Welcome to the "Damaged Corner Group"...

Anyway, packaging issues aside, this is a wonderful piece of art, both musically and visually. Long live Mr. Wilson!

I wonder how they will deal with damaged copies when it is a limited edition that is sold out? Perhaps they'll have to do another run of books and more copies will show up for sale?

That is indeed a good question and one I've been asking myself... I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they'll do when these complaints start pouring through their mailboxes. But my guess is that they'll simply refund you in some way. They must have some kind of deal/insurance with the postal service and they'll definitely resort to it. A limited edition is a limited edition and I doubt they'll ever produce a second run just to cater for a few complaints...

They must have some kind of deal/insurance with the postal service...

I've been wondering that too. But, the Royal Mail is going to balk when they see how many were damaged and I would guess put the blame on Burning Shed for insufficient packaging.

That sucks about the damage. My Recording The Beatles Book was the size of a Vatican Bible and arrived with no damage. No reason this shouldn't have come in perfect shape.

A corner on my book is slightly bent (I would have damaged it more from a simple drop on the carpet), but the pages received no harm, so I'm not bothering with emailing them about it.

The music rules however.

If the pages weren't bent on my book I'd probably just suck it up and deal with it. The bent pages are what pushed me over the edge.

I don't blame you at all. If my book was in the shape that some of those pictures show, I'd too be upset and want some kind of reimbursement whether it be in the form of money, or in the form of another book. I'd likely settle for money because although the book is really nice, I bought the set for the audio. The book is just icing.

Same for me... what bothers me are the bent pages, not the actual hardcover blemish, which I could perfectly live with. And I believe I'm at least entitled to a considerable refund, as what I've paid for postage costs makes this situation unacceptable.

Back