ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah, so that English gent who gave the info as it being a "DVD audio" turned out to be wrong in the end..

we don't know exactly what flavour of DTS it is from this snippet, though its probably just "vanilla"/lossy as you suggest ..at least it's not DD, I suppose!

Just what I feared. The guy I spoke to said it was DVD-audio and like 99.9% of all the people out there, they think DVD-Audio is just a DVD with Audio on it. Well, at least it will play my cars.

I'm sure that they care just as much as they did when I bought my SACD of Oh, Yeah! Aerosmith's Greatest, which was in a plastic Multichannel sleeve. I called Sony's hotline. They promised to send a replacement. Being that it wasn't pressed in Multichannel, they never sent a replacement or responded. Nearly 10 years later, I'm still waiting for a response.

If they read your complaint at all, they will LAUGH THEIR ASSES OFF! When we stop buying their crap at all is when they might listen.

Color me jaded, after being ripped off by the record labels for over 50 years. The smart people are the ones who illegally duplicate this stuff. The stupid ones are the people like me who buy the legitimate copies.

Sent my complaint to Sony. I hope that people will also follow suit, even though they might think they don't care. If we get enough people to send messages, maybe they will change their minds.

I'm sure that they care just as much as they did when I bought my SACD of Oh, Yeah! Aerosmith's Greatest, which was in a plastic Multichannel sleeve. I called Sony's hotline. They promised to send a replacement. Being that it wasn't pressed in Multichannel, they never sent a replacement or responded. Nearly 10 years later, I'm still waiting for a response.

If they read your complaint at all, they will LAUGH THEIR ASSES OFF! When we stop buying their crap at all is when they might listen.

Color me jaded, after being ripped off by the record labels for over 50 years. The smart people are the ones who illegally duplicate this stuff. The stupid ones are the people like me who buy the legitimate copies.
In the time you wrote this post you could have sent a complaint to Sony. Sure, everything you said is true but why not bitch to them. Nothing to lose. People say there is no point in complaining. If you care about something then there is no point in not complaining.

Not buying their product is the only communication I believe they'll respond to. They won't respond to the artists' wishes, nor will they respond to ours.

We didn't get very far in getting EMI to include a MC mix in the Wall Immersion box.

Again, color me jaded.

Not buying their product is the only communication I believe they'll respond to. They won't respond to the artists' wishes, nor will they respond to ours.

We didn't get very far in getting EMI to include a MC mix in the Wall Immersion box.

Again, color me jaded.
I just don't understand the logic. If a company does something you don't like and there is a mechanism for sending a message then why not send one. It is a drop in the bucket but so what. Enjoy the click of the Send button if nothing else.

Again, color me jaded.

The problem with that is that they've said the sales of these will determine whether or not we get any more of the ELP albums. While I of course prefer hi-res I also prefer DTS over nothing at all. They kinda got ya by the short and curlies.

Therein is the problem. If we or the artists don't like it, we can go to hell. They own the masters in most cases, or in this case they lease them.

The problem with that is that they've said the sales of these will determine whether or not we get any more of the ELP albums. While I of course prefer hi-res I also prefer DTS over nothing at all. They kinda got ya by the short and curlies.

I sent them my comments, simply (and politely) telling them that I've pre-ordered the first two and would like them to consider a hi-res format if/when they do the next albums. Maybe they listen and maybe they don't, but it just takes a moment to do and it can't hurt to let them know I'm buying the product but that they can make it even better.

There already was a high res of Brain Salad Surgery and I think there also was a DVD-A of Trilogy if anyone can remember?
Hopefuly they will at least include those in future issues.

There already was a high res of Brain Salad Surgery and I think there also was a DVD-A of Trilogy if anyone can remember?
Hopefuly they will at least include those in future issues.

The dvd-a of trilogy is an up mix - not official. Would like to hear Steven's magic on this one so let's hope they sell enough to get the go-ahead on the next few!

Send my comments to Sony. And I do think that we got the BD from Aqualung because of the complaints, so maybe Sony will listen as well.

I've been posting this link and info about the lack of a lossless option on some other forums and on Steven's Facebook page. Hope something comes out of this!

Not exactly.

Guthrie and others at EMI were obviously listening and aware of this interest and have in fact announced an upcoming 5.1 mix.

It was never a possibility for inclusion in the box set as originally planned.

I definitely wrote in to Sony about the lossy ELP releases using the link and urge everyone who hasn't to do the same.

Not exactly.

Guthrie and others at EMI were obviously listening and aware of this interest and have in fact announced an upcoming 5.1 mix.

It was never a possibility for inclusion in the box set as originally planned.

I definitely wrote in to Sony about the lossy ELP releases using the link and urge everyone who hasn't to do the same.

I also wrote comments to Sony. I told them what I felt about Sony and I was not going to be nice and beg for anything. Sony has and always will be an arrogant, ass brained company. They no longer manufacture any DVD players that will play SACD's! Now how stupid is that?

I also wrote comments to Sony. I told them what I felt about Sony and I was not going to be nice and beg for anything. Sony has and always will be an arrogant, ass brained company. They no longer manufacture any DVD players that will play SACD's! Now how stupid is that?

Good for you!

Believe me, I'm not a big fan of Sony these days either but I'm a bit loathe to go on the attack, all guns blazing, over these releases right now.

Yes it's disappointing they're in Lossy DTS.. but it is still better than the alternative that just about every other avenue is currently offering us in 5.1.

Effectively, the alternative offering is hardly what you would call a flood of releases, beyond a handful of quad prog rock in lossy DTS from EMI, some sub-par Rush 5.1's from Universal, a few mega expensive box sets full of other crap we don't want, SW's own album on BD, Ian Andersons TAAB2 on dvd.. the upcoming Bowie/Ziggy 40th Anniversary Vinyl & DVD oddity.. and the ongoing KC DVDA series...did I miss any?

also, don't nearly all Sony Blu ray players currently feature SACD playback?

also, don't nearly all Sony Blu ray players currently feature SACD playback?

I can confirm that nearly all (if not all) Sony's BD players currently sold can play SACD. But yet, they release these 2 discs as CD/DVD-V packs. So no lossless on the the DVD, and the CD is not even an SACD. Go figure ...

...did I miss any?

I think you forgot the upcoming Squackett CD/DVD (again lossy 5.1 DTS on the DVD)

Back