Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def. Even though it's DD, it's crankable, sounds good and and is really well-mixed.
I recommend turning the screen off though. The non-synced photos occasionally bugged me.

See the source image

Or as we call it in New York: The WRATH of KHAN!

See the source image

If I had to live a Life in Surround listening to lossy Dolby Digital, I'd rather die a Khan Artist!

Last edited:
Pricey purchase, but it is a must and everyone should find this a worthwhile artifact from 69

Afterall it will be played frequently by me.

BEATLES-ABBEY ROAD

Please please me , Giles............with more Beatles wonders , such as Magical Mystery and Let It Be.........and
SHIT !! The whole catalogue from 1965 up , thanks :)

Attachments

• 20191101_132701.jpg
    20191101_132701.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20191101_132648.jpg
    20191101_132648.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 92
Mike, did you order the newly remastered one with the BD~A?

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the original. I still love MLP DVD~A 5.1 but the newly remastered BD~A has ALL the bonus extras in hi res on ONE DISC.
Yes. Yes I did. Frustrated that others have it, while Bullmoose says the release date is the 9th...

Don't feel too badly. I paid 'dearly' to have 21 discs [4 of which were mch SACDs and one Stereo SACD] + 16 RBCDs to be shipped PRIORITY mail from Dutton~Vocalion and am still waiting. And tomorrow's an American holiday [election day] and NO mail!

Bruce Soord - All This Will Be Yours
Soord-ATWBY450.jpg
Patience my good people! Good things come to those who wait. Now you know what would make waiting for my ITCOTKC 50th easier? An in-depth review of the new Bruce Soord! What say you, @doppelbock ? Help out some fellow QQers who are on the edge of a nervous breakdown! Please!

Patience my good people! Good things come to those who wait. Now you know what would make waiting for my ITCOTKC 50th easier? An in-depth review of the new Bruce Soord! What say you, @doppelbock ? Help out some fellow QQers who are on the edge of a nervous breakdown! Please!

You're absolutely correct, Clement ..... Patience ..... and it's not as though we have NOTHING else to play [or replay] and watch on our teles [I'm binge watching the new and exceptional Season 2 of Tom Clancy in 4K on Amazon Prime and 3 seasons of the Australian horror~mystery GLITCH on NETFLIX ... also in 4K].

Clement......time to TREAT yourself to a new TV ....... and yes, I'm a nagger. Couldn't live without my TV ...... and we are experiencing a Golden Age of Television as opposed to the mindless comic book mentality of Hollywood U.S.A.!

You're absolutely correct, Clement ..... Patience ..... and it's not as though we have NOTHING else to play [or replay] and watch on our teles [I'm binge watching the new and exceptional Season 2 of Tom Clancy in 4K on Amazon Prime and 3 seasons of the Australian horror~mystery GLITCH on NETFLIX ... also in 4K].

Clement......time to TREAT yourself to a new TV ....... and yes, I'm a nagger. Couldn't live without my TV ...... and we are experiencing a Golden Age of Television as opposed to the mindless comic book mentality of Hollywood U.S.A.!
You could be binging Life in Surround videos and leaving helpful/entertaining comments, Mr.!!! :D

Last edited:
You could be bringing Life in Surround videos and leaving helpful/entertaining comments, Mr.!!! :D

Don't get me started MIKE ...... While we patiently await the next surround music discs, TV and motion pictures are releasing some awesome 5.1 soundtracks each and EVERY day.....and of course for those equipped: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X!

Off the top of my head, one of the best surround experiences on Network TV was the 3 Seasons of Hannibal [DTS HD MA 96/24 5.1]: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hannibal-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/162231/

THREE SEASONS on BD~V for the price of ONE Stereo SACD! Mesmerizing TV at its absolute ZENITH!
51grvL%2BC3TL.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me started MIKE ...... While we patiently await the next surround music discs, TV and motion pictures are releasing some awesome 5.1 soundtracks each and EVERY day.....and of course for those equipped: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X!

Off the top of my head, one of the best surround experiences on Network TV was the 3 Seasons of Hannibal [DTS HD MA 96/24 5.1]: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hannibal-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/162231/

THREE SEASONS on BD~V for the price of ONE Stereo SACD! Mesmerizing TV at its absolute ZENITH!
51grvL%2BC3TL.jpg
You killing me, comrades! While everyone else is on the lookout for Black Friday Box Sets Deals, Ima be looking for a new tv! And yes, my good baggins, I have SO many Life in Surround vids to catch up on! Butt weight--Hannibal!?! I had no idea! My daughter will LOVE it! Ah, yes, my dear 4ear, it's not like I don't have a shitload to listen to (to which to listen . . . phuquing recovering Engl-ish teachers!); it's just that I can't see it. So what shows up today?

1572929996644.png
Serves me right!

But look what else showed up!

1572930081017.png
At least I can bask in my blues . . .
JSP SACD Style!

You killing me, comrades! While everyone else is on the lookout for Black Friday Box Sets Deals, Ima be looking for a new tv! And yes, my good baggins, I have SO many Life in Surround vids to catch up on! Butt weight--Hannibal!?! I had no idea! My daughter will LOVE it! Ah, yes, my dear 4ear, it's not like I don't have a shitload to listen to (to which to listen . . . phuquing recovering Engl-ish teachers!); it's just that I can't see it. So what shows up today?

View attachment 43824 Serves me right!

View attachment 43825
JSP SACD Style!

I have to admit, dear former Engl~ish professor, Clement, that I did 'start' to watch EMERGENCE at 3: AM [EST] and was lulled to sleep.....the music is undeniably 'lulling' and the visuals are wonderful but it really was way past my bedtime.

As for Hannibal: I'm actually VERY surprised this extremely dark [and frankly bloody] Network TV show escaped the wrath of NOT Khan, but the censors. Astoundingly well conceived, written, directed and acted with a robust discrete 5.1 soundtrack, it belongs in every horror buff's collection. All those 5 star Amazon reviews are warranted. A great companion collection for your daughter's Tippi 'Birds' Barbi!🦇

As for Michael Hill's Black Gold & Goddesses Bold ..... LOVE ❤ IT! JSP SACDs are sadly OOP but well worth seeking out. IMO, they're all amazing. The Blues never had it so good! Just ask little boy BLUE...from the UK?

Last edited:

View attachment 43824 Serves me right!

View attachment 43825
JSP SACD Style!

I have to admit, dear former Engl~ish professor, Clement, or the Geoffrey Chaucer of Evanston, IL, that I did 'start' to watch EMERGENCE at 3: AM [EST] and was lulled to sleep.....the music is undeniably 'lulling' and the visuals are wonderful but it really was way past my bedtime.

As for Hannibal: I'm actually VERY surprised this extremely dark [and frankly bloody] Network TV show escaped the wrath of NOT Khan, but the censors. Astoundingly well conceived, written, directed and acted with a robust discrete 5.1 soundtrack, it belongs in every horror buff's collection. All those 5 star Amazon reviews are warranted. A great companion collection for your daughter's Tippi 'Birds' Barbi!

As for Michael Hill's Black Gold & Goddesses Bold ..... LOVE ❤ IT! JSP SACDs are sadly OOP but well worth seeking out. IMO, they're all amazing. The Blues never had it so good! Just ask little boy BLUE?

Last edited:
Back