Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now SACD 5.1 pcm 24/176.4
Madman Across The Water.
index.jpg

Listening now SACD 5.1 pcm 24/176.4
Madman Across The Water.
View attachment 37728

One of my all time favorite EJ albums ....... you should enjoy EJ in concert Markie ..... the voice might be hoarser but I'm sure the showmanship will be Las Vegas Glitzy...and we ALL know you're a Gamblin' Man, MP!

Almost time to stop and cook dinner but I just had to get one more in. Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy, SACD 5.1 24/176.4.
I just love the song "Somebody Saved My Life".
If you are new to collecting SACD surround discs, I highly recommend getting all the Elton John releases, great music and great surround.

index.jpg

Well heck, don't stop there, I'm intrigued, what did they sound like?

Quite a few brands put them out- I've seen models from Koss, Sansui, GE, Sony, and others. Each side literally had two separate drivers, so it was discrete. Problem is the front and rear are so close together the effect is lost.

quad_phones.jpeg

They had a double headphone jack at the end, which would plug into a corresponding port on your quad receiver. You could unplug one side to hear the fronts or rears isolated.
quad_phones2.jpg

Quite a few brands put them out- I've seen models from Koss, Sansui, GE, Sony, and others. Each side literally had two separate drivers, so it was discrete. Problem is the front and rear are so close together the effect is lost.

View attachment 37733

They had a double headphone jack at the end, which would plug into a corresponding port on your quad receiver. You could unplug one side to hear the fronts or rears isolated.
View attachment 37734

I used to refer to them as PHONIES, Jonathan.......they never quite did it for me!

This just got mentioned in the polls, so had to pull it out.
Quite a few don't like the mix (ya I get it), but I just like the way it fills up the room cranked uuuupppp!!!
Eyes Without A Face
View attachment 37735

Totally agree, JP. I like ALL the Inside the Music MLP DVD~A 5.1s.:51QQ

I couldn't imagine living life without them :love:

silverline-01.jpg

MORE than just replacement cases for your Cracked DVD~A [A list] titles!

Last edited:
Now... it's a cold and rainy night here in Northern Ca. and I just settled in with a nice hot cup of tea, Earl Grey actually. And I was thinking how wonderful it would be to stick this one on (My new old favorite album - Quad of course) with my bud across the pond fredblue sippin' tea with me and chattin' it up about surround:)
Scared
WB.jpg

Now... it's a cold and rainy night here in Northern Ca. and I just settled in with a nice hot cup of tea, Earl Grey actually. And I was thinking how wonderful it would be to stick this one on (My new old favorite album - Quad of course) with my bud across the pond fredblue sippin' tea with me and chattin' it up about surround:)
Scared
View attachment 37736

Earl Grey, ole chap.........? Delightfully aromatic.

Earl_Grey_tea_hot.jpg

• OUT OF THIS WORLD!

BTW, how's the surround mix on Walls and Bridges ...... I can only IMAGINE!

Back